Both Dish receivers reboot every hour

Wi-fi problems can be very difficult to diagnose. Congratulations on ferreting out the problem.

The ViP DVRs can be very stinky if a network connection or OTA tuner goes bad.

Well, thanks for the advice but I really don't need anymore than what I have... I have figured out that it's something to do with my Asus RT-AC66U wifi router... I switched the Internet connection to the AT&T modem internal wifi and no more hourly reboots.... Strangest thing I have ever seen.. Anyone know what setting in the Asus might be causing this? When either receiver is on the Asus you can almost set your watch as they reset exactly every hour
Taking a quick look online I see a list of 5GHZ problems with Asus, though not specifically resetting every hour.

Hello. I am hoping someone can come up with a fix for this. I have two Dish DVR's, one VIP612 and one VIP722. They are both rebooting once an hour and at the same time. I have had them both on trying to figure this out. They are both connected to the internet via wireless dongles. I have figured out that if I unplug the dongle, the receiver that is still plugged into the internet will reboot at least once an hour and the one that is unplugged will not. So, it seems that my rebooting problem has something to do with the internet connection of each receiver.I have gone through all the resets of my home network and both Dish receivers with no help. I also verified that the inactivity setting is correct (its turned off for both receivers). Only thing I can figure is that Dish sent out a software update that is causing this on both receivers. One receiver is a VIP612 and one is a VIP722. Any ideas?....Thanks!
Hello. I am hoping someone can come up with a fix for this. I have two Dish DVR's, one VIP612 and one VIP722. They are both rebooting once an hour and at the same time. I have had them both on trying to figure this out. They are both connected to the internet via wireless dongles. I have figured out that if I unplug the dongle, the receiver that is still plugged into the internet will reboot at least once an hour and the one that is unplugged will not. So, it seems that my rebooting problem has something to do with the internet connection of each receiver.I have gone through all the resets of my home network and both Dish receivers with no help. I also verified that the inactivity setting is correct (its turned off for both receivers). Only thing I can figure is that Dish sent out a software update that is causing this on both receivers. One receiver is a VIP612 and one is a VIP722. Any ideas?....Thanks!
I decided to upgrade about a month ago. I like it, but it does take some time to get used to it. My daughter has the Super Joey, and it would shut down and restart. I did the only thing that I could think of and I went to the Facebook Private Messenger. The Customer Service Agent asked if I had one component on top of the Super Joey or vice versa. The agent said it could be the reason why it shuts down/restarts, and the Super Joey may be overheating. Just a suggestion if you have a component on top of your receiver.

Nope... Like I said, now that they are both off the Asus router no reboots... Today I hardwired the 722 directly to the AT&T modem for my Sling box and am leaving the 612 off the network... All is golden today... No reboots

Reactions: Troch77
I find it hard to believe that a wireless issue with a router would cause a receiver to reboot, but that is the case. These receivers have been rebooting every hour for a week... Today after the hardwiring no reboots

I find it hard to believe that a wireless issue with a router would cause a receiver to reboot, but that is the case. These receivers have been rebooting every hour for a week... Today after the hardwiring no reboots
Agree, But hard telling sometimes what goes on in these machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts