Bought 322 on Ebay, need Dish Pro Plus Diplexer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

928gt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Hi Guys,
Picked up a 322 on Ebay last night for $76 !! Some guy had 2 listed on a 1-day auction, almost got both of them.

Quick call to Dish tech and was told even tho those are supposed to be for DHP customers only that I will be able activate it on my account !

Question is where (other than retail at Dish) can I get a Dish Pro plus diplexor so I don't have to run another line for the second tuner ?

AND, has anyone actually done this and can verify it will work.

Thanks,
Dave

I've heard those won't be available for months

According to Dish tech they have been out for 2 months, but only to DHP customers.

Not sure how this seller got 2, but he has over 1200 Ebay transactions with a 98.9% positive feedback. I guess I will know for sure in a few days if I was "suckered" or not. For $76 I will take the chance.

Here is the link to the Ebay auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3066172806&category=32845&rd=1

Dave

Its got to be stolen, Dealers can't even but one for $72.

Hi Scott,

I asked the advanced Dish tech that very question last night. He told me as long as I bought it and since I have been a long time customer there shouldn't be any problem activating it on my account, EVEN if it was stolen.

We shall see, if Dish says it's stolen when I try to activate it and wants it back I will certainly send it to them., .. for $76.50 plus $20 shipping :)

Hopefully by Monday i will know the truth.. stay tuned !

Dave

That would explain why it was a one day auction.

Just received the shipping/tracking info for the 322.... time will tell !!!

You guys are starting to make me NnnnEeeeRrrrrVvvvOoooUuuuSsss... just kidding !!

Keep you fingers crossed for me, I will give first hand reveiw upon receipt and (hopefully) activation !!!

Dave

Had to have gotten it right out of the factory? (or off the truck on the way to Dish... ;) )

Had to have gotten it right out of the factory? (or off the truck on the way to Dish... )

..or from a cancelled DHP deal, or repo DHP deal, ... or DHP customer who only wanted 1 and dealer ordered 3 and kept 2 ????

...Or as you said on the road after it fell of the back of a Dish truck :-(

The seller seems to be a Satellite guy, as that is all he is selling or has sold. Concerning the 1-day auction, it also seems that is how he does all of his auctions. I do the same sometimes when I know I have something that will move fast and I am impatient for more "play" money.

OR.... it could be stolen, BUT I hope not as I do not desire to support or condone that type of activity. My wife is an ex-sheriff deputy and she might handcuff me... WAIT, on second thought ... Honey look at this stolen receiver I just got.. as I hold my hands out :D

Dave

928gt said:
Question is where (other than retail at Dish) can I get a Dish Pro plus diplexor so I don't have to run another line for the second tuner ?
You will also need a DishPro Plus switch, DPP44 or DPP Twin, that can send the signals from different satellites down the line to the diplexer.

You will also need a DishPro Plus switch, DPP44 or DPP Twin, that can send the signals from different satellites down the line to the diplexer

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your answer.

SO if I understand correctly Dish Pro hardware is not going to do this "2 tuners on 1 line trick", only the next generation vaporware Dish Pro Plus LNB/Switch hardware will do that, correct ??.

My current config is D500 with 2 DP LNBs (110/119), D500 with single DP LNB (61.5) with 2 DP34 switches running an 811.811,510.301.301 config (one or 2 301s will be replaced by the 322).

My "End Game" is to have a 921,522,322,322 configuration which will use the 8 ports of my 2 DP34 switches but hoped I wouldn't have to run more lines for all these twin tuner boxes. My residence consists of 3 separate structures (all with various numbers of receivers) approx 100 feet from each other with the sat farm in the middle, oh well time for more trenches !!

Thanks again,

Dave

322 diplexed

You don't have to have a dp44 or twin you can use two lines from a 500 dual or dp 34 also or lines from a couple 300's with dp lnbs we have installed 322's and they are sweet units

rock

928gt said:
...Or as you said on the road after it fell of the back of a Dish truck :-(

Dave

Thats not EVEN funny. *grin*

My 522 hit the pavement yerterday after falling out of the installers truck! Wahhhh! :aargh:

It was ok until the Dually Pickup truck and Semi ran OVER it. *sigh*

Guess its not like a TIMEX.

Anywho. Seems a little fishy on some of these auctions. Seller seems to have moved a truckload of DBS merchandise in the last few months.

If you're really set against running more lines you'll have to wait for the DPP44. With your existing lines you can replace the 2 301s with a 322 (or 921 :p ). The next dual tuner replacement is going to present you with a big decision to make: keep your 2 DP34s and run the extra lines, retire 2 receivers instead of 1, or spend big bucks getting the other 3 dual tuners and 1 DPP44 all at once.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your answer. I have already ran a second line for the 322, and I guess I will do the same for the others when I get them. Running the lines on top the ground is easy... BUT, trenching the yard and roof is no fun, but this seems to be my only solution at this time.

Thanks again,

Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)