Bought a 622 and Dish will not activate without a Dish1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Today I had a work order for a DISH1000 upgrade with a 211. After I called in and activated the receiver the new HD channels were in red. I called back and they said the customer wasn't down for the new HD package, still with the legacy package and in order to get the new channels they had to upgrade the programming. Of course they wouldn't do it without talking to the customer. :mad:

Interesting they didn't put on for the new package and still had a 1000 work order written up.

Can't activate without DISH1000?, ...B.S. I just did.

Ok as a tech yes i have too had new activations go through with out the special Pkg AKA bronze/silver/gold..... I think its just away for them to get every one to switch over to the special pgm'n.. Now when it comes to "upgrading" im not sure if it will activate or not. I say just pay the $60 so that way it done its done right cause if ya lie to them and want to upgrade to the 1000 your will have to pay for it anyway and it cous even cost more then 60

Thanks for the advice in this matter, but since I finally got my wife to agreee to the path I will be going, I don't want to rock the boat and just keep to the current path.

However, I hope that Dish understands that there may be people out there that live in the Dish1000 map that may not want to get a Dish1000 and have a 622 activated without lying that they have a Dish1000 when they do not.

In other words, they should be informed about the Dish1000 but not be forced to buy one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)