Bought a new 522 on Ebay Lease fee?

tomdkat said:
I bought a new unopened 522 from DSS sales and I got Dish to activate it by emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com. But they are charging me a lease fee...Is that right?????
It's not a lease fee. As I understand the fee structure, there is no difference between the lease and buy fees. The difference is, when you lease, you pay less upfront but you do not own the receiver.

well I looked at my statement and I got charged the dvr fee, extra rec fee and a lease fee. When I got it activated they were told I bought it. I don't see why they can charge me the lease fee....

tomdkat said:
well I looked at my statement and I got charged the dvr fee, extra rec fee and a lease fee. When I got it activated they were told I bought it. I don't see why they can charge me the lease fee....
What other receivers do you have???

If you lease the receiver, the lease fee takes the place of the extra receiver fee.
If you own the receiver, there is no lease fee but the extra receiver fee is charged.
At no point should you ever be charged both fees for the same receiver.

actually if you are a current customer and you change out one of your old receivers, E* does charge you a lease fee just like the old DHP...

just joe said:
actually if you are a current customer and you change out one of your old receivers, E* does charge you a lease fee just like the old DHP...

thats if you are leasing the new receiver. like if you do the dishin it up promotion, you are leasing that new receiver, even if its your first receiver.

tomdkat said:

dvr fee = $4.98 510/522/921 receiver
extra rec fee = $4.99 additional outlet access fee or something like that, this is because your 522 probably isnt connected to a phone line. basically thats the same as if you had a 2nd receiver, you would be charged an extra $4.99 to have that receiver active.. as long as you have it connected to a phone line, that fee is waived
lease fee = $5.00 because that receiver, even though you bought it, is probably still registered in dish's system as being leased

so all fees are probably correct, you could call a csr to verify this, but I'm pretty sure they'd confirm thats what the other $4.99 is

So let me make sure I understand.

If you are a new customer and you do the lease plan you do not have to pay any extra recevier fee if all boxes are leased (say they got a 522 and a 322) as long as its plugged into a phone line.

You are charge a $5 per box lease fee only and a $4.95 DVR fee if its a DVR, but not a 2nd recevier fee?

right, as long as its connected to a phone line, it counts as 1 receiver, even though its basically 2

The 721 is a very good receiver. It is one of the best that Dish put out in my opinion. You can move faster in the EPG, dont have to pay the DVR fee or the additional outlet fee. You would save $120 a year by going with this receiver if you cannot hook a phoneline up, or save $60 a year in DVR fees alone.

i had a 721 and replaced it with a 921 becuase the 721 was starting to slow down. Dish seems to not care about support for the 721 either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)