Bought a TC-P65GT30

No one has said whether the 2.1 color patch was being made from the factory, so I did it be safe. I think the big thing is it tones down color a bit and allows you to go higher in contrast without problems.

I was so glad it was a Dec build, so I knew the board installed was one to fix the fluctuation brightness issue.

I think stock THX was 55, lot of green dots in video black. Use a disc and adjusted it to 52, then took contrast from 60 to 75.

Im still surprised at how good of a job THX mode does, Ive always wondered how close it was.

Did some more testing today. On 0% stimulus gt30 is reading 0.005fL and d7000 reads 0.0067fL. Not a big difference, but when you get APL up with some bright boxes in a checkerboard pattern, the gt30 hangs tight while the d7000 increases to 0.0088fL in the black squares. I've done testing before to prove mll floats on the samsungs depending on APL, so during regular content their could be quite a difference between the twos blacks.

Yeah, nothing more annoying in a dark movie/show than blacks that float around. The samsung still looks good, and blacks are nice, just could be better at times.

Haha. It'll be Wed or Thu PM for it gets mounted, Im waiting on the Sanus mount. It's in my dining room running color slides 24/7, so I figured why not test it as it ages to see what happens. I love this sh*t, and having my own meter makes it real fun.

You see a lot of posts from haters about tv's on other forums, it's nice to separate fact from fiction :)

Hope you enjoy it, I have a smaller version of this set. Great TV. May have to get you to come up highway 45 and calibrate mine! lol

Haha.

To be honest, other than setting brightness and upping contrast, THX mode stock is pretty damn good. Im gonna let the pro come do mine, because I want 3D calibrated as well, and its just not something I feel like fracking with. I use the meter more now for just testing stuff. I can't wait till my mount gets here.

Haha.

To be honest, other than setting brightness and upping contrast, THX mode stock is pretty damn good. Im gonna let the pro come do mine, because I want 3D calibrated as well, and its just not something I feel like fracking with. I use the meter more now for just testing stuff. I can't wait till my mount gets here.

Yeah I have found THX good as well, ive also just adjusted a few things. Very pleased with it overall.

Did do the 2.1 since you posted it here, then updated back to 2.2.

So thanks for that!

There's a guy elway that use to visit these parts.
Ever heard of him? LOL
I'm still waiting for you to get your first front projector.
You think these big plasma's are wow.....

Yeah I have found THX good as well, ive also just adjusted a few things. Very pleased with it overall.

Did do the 2.1 since you posted it here, then updated back to 2.2.

So thanks for that!

No problem. Its supposed to tone down fleshtones and allow for a higher contrast setting without issues.

There's a guy elway that use to visit these parts.
Ever heard of him? LOL
I'm still waiting for you to get your first front projector.
You think these big plasma's are wow.....

Haha. I still have a theater planned, just gonna take awhile before I get to that point.

Curious as to why you went with a Sanus mount over a less expensive one (such as Monoprice.com)?

Ive just had good luck and liked their kits, so I just stuck with it. I know folks that love their monoprice kits though. Sanus also makes it easier for me, i go there, put in the model number, they show me all the mounts that fit, then I get on Amazon and order :)

Understood. Thanks. I just ordered another Monoprice one last night for my basement remodel. I believe that is now my 8th (some in previous house some in this house) plus the 2 I put in at my Dad's house. Absolutly love them!

Grayscale 3hrs 5.3dE
303c68ca.jpg

120hrs 5.1dE
b3ffc61d.jpg

Gamma 3hrs
315fa311.jpg

120hrs
d843d95a.jpg

Color 3hrs
7211f576.jpg

120hrs
b0f4ae59.jpg

MLL did not change. Blue was high when new, then as time has passed red grew. Ive seen with a red shift over time on plasmas, looks like they maybe planned for it, and as it aged, the blue is coming down and red is rising. Gamma was basically identical.

I think THX mode has done a good job, however they go about it. I cant test THX for 3D mode, but it gives me hope that when I watch a 3D flick in THX mode, its somewhat accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)