Bought an Outlaw Model 7125 Amplifier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Man, this thing ain't that big, but damn it does not move around easily...

Sells for $999 + S&H at Outlaw, I got it for $740 shipped from a guy on Amazon. 5 year warranty has been transferred over to me, and it was originally bought in mid October 2013. Not too jazzy, but looks nice, definitely built like a tank. The internal shots do not do the transformer justice, the damn thing is huge. I'll get setup tomorrow and rerun Audyssey, just don't feel like messing with it tonight. I hurt my shoulder a couple of weeks ago, and this think ain't no fun to push around.

IMG_2590_zps09779a2f.jpg

IMG_2582_zps22fe03fb.jpg

IMG_2584_zps256db0d7.jpg

IMG_2583_zps93f6f35f.jpg

IMG_2587_zps4c07096d.jpg

IMG_2585_zps9ccca258.jpg

IMG_2589_zpsdcd8536f.jpg

51 pounds. That's nothing ;) My Parasound weighs 80 and my Rotel weighs 75 (Both 5 channel). My Lexicon is a little more than 50. Let us know once you get it set up.

S~

Here are some shots, got the shelf remounted and wires ran this morning. Just need to put the backing on the stand and all is done. Will run Audyssey after we get back in a bit. The Marantz on top is not ideal, but its the best I got and one good thing about the Marantz, it looks classy.

IMG_2592_zps0c2d24a5.jpg

IMG_2593_zps13ac3e6e.jpg

IMG_2594_zps06fc2967.jpg

Thing sounds great and does not get too warm. It amazed me when I had a cheaper less powerful amp a little while back how actions scenes with gunshots, music, etc... seem to have more clarity with the amp. This one is no different, best sub $1000 purchase I may have made.

I know, just wanted to make sure everyone else understood. Its a pet peeve!

Kinda like Atlanta Braves fans that think they started the tomahawk chop...

Got the Denon X4000 in and set up, I was able to exchange my Marantz for it. Marantz styling is great, but the limited porthole display is not as nice as the full screen on the Denon/Onkyo IMO.

Setup was easy and XT32 went off without a hitch. Sound is good, seems to be working just fine with the Outlaw.

I always liked the plain vanilla front of the Outlaw amps plus they are made in California by ATI. I was looking at the 7900 but ended up with an Emotiva XPR-5 instead, which was slightly better on paper and Emotiva is just a short drive from where I live. I'm set on power now with my 5 main speakers powered at 400 watts each with the Denon powering the rest. The Emotiva weighs in at 107 pounds and the Denon AVR is around 68 pounds. One of the last AVRs to use a massive toroidal transformer that actually delivers its rated wattage with all channels driven. The toroid in the Emotiva is rated at 3.3 kV. LOL