bought my own equipment. ..dish cant activate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only physical "work" involved is dialing the phone. Hell, you can do it via chat. Hard part is finding an address to use. It probably needs to be a real one. Find one and for the slim odd chance that the people at that address already have Dish, just add "Apt B". Tell them you live in the upstairs apartment.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The only physical "work" involved is dialing the phone. Hell, you can do it via chat. Hard part is finding an address to use. It probably needs to be a real one. Find one and for the slim odd chance that the people at that address already have Dish, just add "Apt B". Tell them you live in the upstairs apartment.

I usually pick out a Dollar General or a little store like that in a small town.

I wasn't sure if Dish checks addresses in any way. Picking a business address, might they try and charge commercial rates?

I wasn't sure if Dish checks addresses in any way. Picking a business address, might they try and charge commercial rates?

They have no idea what is there. That's what I use for Atlanta locals.

They have no idea what is there. That's what I use for Atlanta locals.

Trust me, they know when they want to. They do map searches to see about one of site and other things. They do audits to see if equipment is all in the same house too. You can get away with another residential location but I wouldn't trust a business address.

i think i will just use my original hopper and joey. i do not understand why all i have to do is "move" to get a receiver activated. and why dish did not tell me when i set up install of my own equipment. i have been with dish 14 years and this just adds to my disappointment. especially price increases it seems like they do more for new customers as far as pricing. i have been looking to go elsewhere and when this hopper 3 came out i fogured i would stay just for this. well i guess 4k content need to be downloaded anyway, so i guess i can do that on my android shield in the future or juat get a 4k bluray player.

i think i will just use my original hopper and joey. i do not understand why all i have to do is "move" to get a receiver activated. and why dish did not tell me when i set up install of my own equipment. i have been with dish 14 years and this just adds to my disappointment. especially price increases it seems like they do more for new customers as far as pricing. i have been looking to go elsewhere and when this hopper 3 came out i fogured i would stay just for this. well i guess 4k content need to be downloaded anyway, so i guess i can do that on my android shield in the future or juat get a 4k bluray player.
Do you not have a friend or relative in another town close to you that is in the same DMA, and doesn't have Dish? Try their address if so. If you really want the Hopper 3 it is worth it, it is not a big deal at all. Just change your service address before you attempt to activate.

In my case I just looked up a movie theater address in the town I wanted to "move" to and then added an apartment number after and viola I had moved. I often "move" home and to other addresses when I want to; ( I have eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish for locals on 77 sat) Very easy and have done it since 03.

Reactions: bobvick and DWS44
But you won't even try... Within minutes of doing it, you'll be watching TV. When the "low spot beam" issue is resolved, move back.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using
I'll pay for the shipping if you want to send me your Hopper 3 and Joey

i am planning to "move" but the address i am looking at show that i need to get their locals on another sat. i am currently locked into 61.5 and 72

Try an address in Bunn NC. That is the Raleigh market still. Looking at a map, if you go too far, you may end up in Greenville's market.

Rocky Mount or Hollister are probably better.

Try this address: 65 Mockingbird Ln, Hollister, NC 27844. Go here, http://www.dish.com/local-channels/, input "27844" for the zip code so you can see that they get Raleigh locals.

Try an address in Bunn NC. That is the Raleigh market still. Looking at a map, if you go too far, you may end up in Greenville's market.

Rocky Mount or Hollister are probably better.

Try this address: 65 Mockingbird Ln, Hollister, NC 27844. Go here, http://www.dish.com/local-channels/, input "27844" for the zip code so you can see that they get Raleigh locals.
thanks Hall. ....and i apologize for my ignorance and repetitive questions. but how can i tell if i will catch it on 72 0r 61.5

You're in Raleigh now, right ? People who live in Hollister get Raleigh channels as well. Dish doesn't normally use (2) different satellites for the same city's local channels. Just so happens that Raleigh locals are on 61.5° and 129°.

Chat with Dish and tell them
  1. You just moved and everything is set up and just needs activated. You do not need a technician to install anything.
  2. Leave your billing address as your current address.

You're in Raleigh now, right ? People who live in Hollister get Raleigh channels as well. Dish doesn't normally use (2) different satellites for the same city's local channels. Just so happens that Raleigh locals are on 61.5° and 129°.

Chat with Dish and tell them
  1. You just moved and everything is set up and just needs activated. You do not need a technician to install anything.
  2. Leave your billing address as your current address.
i think i am going to do this now...in about 30 min. i am going to hook up hopper3 and joey 4k. woll they have record of the techs visit from yesterday. ...i will have conflicting stories.

wow...painfully close. i got everything set up. got to the activation screen, then dish chat. no luck. they would not change my servive address. started asking questions on how far it was from my billing address and was just difficult. i give up. thanks to everyone that helped me on this.

wow...painfully close. i got everything set up. got to the activation screen, then dish chat. no luck. they would not change my servive address. started asking questions on how far it was from my billing address and was just difficult. i give up. thanks to everyone that helped me on this.

I don't understand why they would not let you change the address. So screwed up.

Time to play a game of CSR roulette. ;)

In other words...try again as you will likely get a different response from a different chat agent.

hahaa. i can't. ..i am going crazy. what is the simple answer as to why i cant activate at my current address, but i can at another. the dish would be in the same place and still work either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)