bought my own equipment. ..dish cant activate

Maybe you should contact DIRT here, yes. Starting point is to find out how your account is tagged, perhaps it is tagged incorrectly. From the few hints in this thread it seems possible to me you are tagged as being on the Western ARC. Were you ever on it or had a Wing dish? In any case first find that out, make sure it is tagged that you are on the Eastern ARC. Then see what DIRT can do for you.

this seems too good to be true. i contacted chris with DIRT, what great help. he saw that i was tagged as low beam because it showed that i needed sat 129. and i have not used or needed that sat for years. he updated the info on his end. he said that should let me activate my receiver. i hope i can get to it tonight....otherwise Saturday morning........ohhhh boy......

Hopefully others will see this with the same problem.

Reactions: voodooevil
thanks DIRT....today my hopper 3 ank joey4k has been activated. now to figute out why i have a giant black box on my screen......also wish the next software update will allow the tip banner to be removed.

Reactions: Tampa8
OH I know about that owned/leased equipment problem very well. It took me about a year for dish to acknowledge my equipment was bought by me. Even after faxing them the receipts
they wouldn't change it. I finally got hold of someone in the executive offices about it and sent the documentation to them. That fixed the problem. I would think that by now Dish'es computer system would be advanced enough to see that I didn't order any equipment from them and would mark my equipment as bought not leased.
I can explain a little, and it may make sense. I doubt too much has changed... When adding equipment the CS has to add in manually. At one point, it asks if leased, if leased through retailer, purchased or purchased through a retailer and there was one other option... It's one of those things that CS just selects the same thing over and over, it's not even thought about. ITs so easy to select leased, even though this was easier than when it was automatic. Sounds weird, and since his was one of their highly touted features when they changed their internal system, I can only imagine that the concept has remained the same with some tweaks.

Reactions: voodooevil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts