Bourne Box Set?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Araxen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Chicago
With the third movie coming out on HD-DVD next month are they going to have a box set with all three movies? I know there is going to be one for DVD and haven't seen anything on a HD-DVD box set. I hate buy all three movies and then they release a box set.

The Bourne series is the best trilogy Hollywood produced, I believe.
Alien would be close if they didn't screw it up with the 4th.

Diogen.

The Bourne series is the best trilogy Hollywood produced, I believe.
Alien would be close if they didn't screw it up with the 4th.

Diogen.

It's good. However, I wouldn't put it above Star Wars (pre-JarJar) or Indiana Jones. I'm loathe to even put it above Batman and Superman until the later installments killed it.

I definitely look forward to buying the 3rd movie (I already own the first two) on HD-DVD even if it is a combo. I loved it in the theater. I want to see if my TV can handle all the jerky camera movements, etc.

Heck, I'd put Back to the Future ahead of Bourne.... the first one was ok, but the second one felt like someone was just running around with a camera, chasing Matt Damon, and running into stuff. Haven't seen the third one.

Maybe I'll have to check out the third one sometime... the first one was enjoyable, I just got a headache watching the second, and I didn't think it was nearly as good a movie.

I own the first one, the second was ok, but not as good. Haven't seen the third, but have heard really good things about it.

As far as trilogies on HD DVD -- I am looking forward to Lord of the Rings more than anything else. That is worth purchasing again (for some of them a third time; given the original, and then the extended versions). :)

Don't rush... unless you are ready to buy it for the forth time later.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1085843-post60.html

Diogen.

I had forgotten about that post, even though I had read it earlier... I actually kind of like having both versions, because my wife and others who might watch it with me don't want to sit through the extended ones.... but there's no way she'll let me buy both versions on Blu-Ray, so I guess I'll have to make a choice.

HighDefDigest ran a correction story yesterday -
Universal Says No to 'Jason Bourne Collection' HD DVD

With some prompting from a few 'Bourne' fans in our forums area, we contacted Universal for the scoop, and they confirmed what many had come to suspect -- the 'Jason Bourne Collection' is now an DVD-only release, and there are no current plans for an HD DVD version.

The studio was quick to point out that high-def fans won't actually be missing out on any new content. The DVD version of the 'Jason Bourne Collection' is set to include a bonus fourth disc containing three featurettes -- "The Ludlum Identity," "The Ludlum Supremacy" and "The Ludlum Ultimatum" -- but all three features were already included on the stand-alone HD DVD version of 'The Bourne Identity' (released back in July).

And although Universal may have scraped plans for the HD DVD box set, Amazon has stepped into the void, exclusively offering a three disc bundle that includes all three Bourne flicks for the low price of $49.95 (a savings of over $20 compared to buying each title at Amazon individually). Amazon's bundle is expected to ship on the same day as 'The Bourne Ultimatum,' December 11, 2007.

That Amazon 3 disc bundle is a great deal for those who don't already have the first 2. Heck, it's even a good deal if you do already have them! :p
Bourne Ultimatum is a combo, $27.95 at Amazon, so for only $22 more you get the other two. I have Identity as a free pack-in with my A35, but I haven't opened it yet as I was waiting to see if there was going to be a box set. I have the Amazon 10% discount from their 2006 promotion (no longer available for new customers), so I have the 3 disc bundle pre-ordered for $44.95 and my Identity is headed to eBay. ;)

I really liked the first one, have to have it on HD DVD, the second and third couldn't stand all the hand held camera stuff. Thought the story was good on the second one, didn't care for the third.

They changed directors from the 1st version and went with different director for the 2nd and 3rd. One of the reasons I heard was that the new director was more favorable to using the handi-cam method for cheaper affects. I like all the movies, but I particularly hate the over abundance of handi-cam shots in the 2nd and 3rd movies. You can't follow hardly any of the action.

BTTF was a great series. I agree that the 1st Bourne was good, the 2nd lagged. I have not seen the 3rd but many say its the best.

The 1st one is still the best, IMHO.

The 2nd one makes more sense if you watch the deleted scenes on the HD-DVD.

HD DVD Review: The Bourne Supremacy | High-Def Digest

Dec. will be an EXPENSIVE month for me. :eek:

Bourne and Harry Potter the same day. Freedom: Vol 3 comes out that day, too. (I will rent that expensive thing.) Dec. 11 will be a big day for high def.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)