Box locations (home and away)

Hotinco

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Denver
Question. Can I have 3 boxes at my house and 1 in another location like a cabin or work shop?

I know when we lived in Alska people did it allthe time but is it legal by Dish rules? I nkow if you connect them via phone nit has to be the same phone number so that is a problem but I also know people do it with RV's which is more what I want to do.

I have a shop I would like to put my extra box in and then take that box when we camp in teh summer.

ANy thoughts or personal experiance with this

Dish now has a vacation home policy. You can have the service installed at your cabin by Dishmover, and take the receiver back and forth. Call them for the details.

The shop is questionable. If it's another building on your property, maybe.

Having receivers active at two different locations is termed 'Account Stacking' and is not allowed by Dish. If Dish audit calls and audits you and you cannot give info for all your receivers in one phone call or is you need to go outside to get to a receiver on the account is not allowed, so your workshop may be questionable as well.

So how do they do RV's. If the box is in teh camper it will not be "readily avalible" if they call for an audit.

The shop is on the same property I jsut don;t have phone out there I just take the cordless with me

people do it all the time.
i would simply call dish and ask. then at least it will be noted if they say 'ok'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)