Box reboots several times a week

bmf911

Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
TX
When watching HD locals.

1. been through 3 boxes
2. changed hdmi to tv and coax cable in attic
3. tried power strip, apc battery back up, straight to receptacle and now Belkin Home Office 375VA UPS - 375VA 200W - 15.
4. changed coupling in attic.
5. technichians checked dish, lnb, wiring, box..., to no avail

Anybody found a resolve, i've seen this posted before?

I'm in a area that has been given the recent L616... my 1/2 brain engineer inside me thinks you should have at least L614. Try doing this...

Menu 6-1-1, goto sat 119 let it lock on, then hit the power button to turn it off... give it a few minutes and maybe it'll download current software.

yes. i have l602. i may try to force the update... just for kicks
Just answered your PM. Not much help there.

Mine stopped rebooting with a new box (after 3 or so STbs) for about 2 months or so. All the others would last about a few weeks give or take and then start doing it about 3-4 times a day or more.. UNTIL ...Yesterday.... its Baaaaack. Once on my wife. I have latest and greatest update.

I'm starting to wonder if its the HDMI , I don't know how ( but The TV and DVR does talk each other,.... I think) is the cause. Its hooked via HDMI to a 62" Mits DLP. This is ridicules that I have to do this but Right now I'm backing up all my DVR timers Like "24", NCIS and the Unit on my kitchen SD DVR. ( forgot the number and too lazy to go look.;)

Now the hard drive on the 622 is hissing, popping and going blank.. It was on 10 min delay (paused) for the Steelers game and it went crazy. I fast forwarded to about 3 Min from "live" and it settled down. Now granted I was on OTA (because the PQ is so much better than SAT) and at first when it started break up a bit I thought it was the snow. Yeah.. :rolleyes: its snowing again here in Ct. I want my global warming back... Any ways the way it was hissing and popping is not weather. I have seen plenty of rain/snow/cloud fade,. Its nothing like this..

Rats, this started again. Call dn with no luck, go through the nightmares of the level 1 support...., been there, done that. Guess I'll dump the dish and call up direct. And I do so love my dvr. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts