Box Ugrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I have 4 HD DVR's 2 in the Living room and one in each of the 2 master bedrooms. I have a HR20-700 & HR24 in the living room, I use the RC65RX remote on the HR24 so I don't change both boxes, I guess it's a IR remote. The HR20 is starting to die.

If I switch to the Genie I will loose channels and my bill will go up. Since I'm still getting N.Y./LA. feeds of 2 channels.

Here is my questions...

If I get a HR24 to replace it (HR20)can I get it to work the same way? (IR/RF)
I know they will make me sign a new contract but that doesn't matter.

How long will they let me keep the HR20 after I get the new box?

Also I notice that when I switch from one box to the other the speech is very hard to understand (from the HR20 to the HR24) we've never had that problem with the HR20.
They are both run through my Yamaha Receiver and both through HDMI/Optic Cable.

you can get a genie, put it in the LR, and move the hr24 someplace else (5 tuners vs 4 you had there)
channels and price shouldn't change

If the HR20 is defective, you won't get a commitment from replacing it. You may not lose your distant networks either.

The last time I change the Channel Package is 2007. I get (CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC + HBO, Starz, Showtime & HD Package + CBS FOX National Feeds)) for $103.49 ... No Sports, Max, and Sex channels. The last time I talked to them to add Max they told me I would have to update my package's.... And the way I see it the channel package I have doesn't exist anymore, the pay channels cost more, and some of my HD channels cost more. I have had the Insurance with them since 1997 and never used it. My bill is $194.52 (it went up $5.49 this month) a month and the wife isn't happy about that as it is...lol
So If I call and say my HR20's are dieing and I want a Genie to take there place they will do it without making me update my service?

Changing your equipment shouldn't have any effect on your programming.

As long as you do not change your programming you will be grandfathered into your current one. If you want to ADD anything (like Max) you will have to select a new programming package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts