Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Its taken a little while longer then they expected but NETFLIX is now available on the Boxee Box. :)

I haven't checked it out yet but hope to tonight.

I used Netflix last night, works well, although not as polished at the one found on HULU or GoogleTV, but still very good.

What advantage(s) / disadvantage(s) would you give for the Boxee box for someone with Dish, 722K's, and BD Players with NetFlix on them already, and a Netflix online sub.

You can play almost ANY media type you throw at it. I have a large collection of DVD's and Blurays I have ripped in ISO format that I store on my NAS. The Boxee now plays all of them flawlessly.

The Boxee also plays Netflix and VUDU and you would be SHOCKED at the quality of the HD streaming from VUDU.

In addition the apps feature most of the most popular online video and audio streams (Pandora, RadioTime, etc) and there are also repositories to add additional streaming for stuff like ESPN 3 and many other video streaming sites.

With a Boxee I can watch lots of stuff and be entertained all day without even touching my satellite system, it is that good.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can play almost ANY media type you throw at it. I have a large collection of DVD's and Blurays I have ripped in ISO format that I store on my NAS. The Boxee now plays all of them flawlessly.

The Boxee also plays Netflix and VUDU and you would be SHOCKED at the quality of the HD streaming from VUDU.

In addition the apps feature most of the most popular online video and audio streams (Pandora, RadioTime, etc) and there are also repositories to add additional streaming for stuff like ESPN 3 and many other video streaming sites.

With a Boxee I can watch lots of stuff and be entertained all day without even touching my satellite system, it is that good.

Does anyone know if it can play HD DVD ISOs? I'm trying to put my original discs into storage, but still have the content available on demand.

If anyone knows of software compatible with windows 7 that play them, that would work as well.

Thanks in advance.

It should be able to. I have read a few people that have done it.

I think I have one or two HD DVD's at home still I will bring one in and rip it using ANY DVD HD and give it a try. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It should be able to. I have read a few people that have done it.

I think I have one or two HD DVD's at home still I will bring one in and rip it using ANY DVD HD and give it a try. :)

Thanks Scott!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts