Boxee using Windows PC

Jebsundgren

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Georgia
Right now I am undecided on the Boxee Box, Google TV, or use the Play On service through my Dish 922. Right now I am trying out the Boxee using a Windows net book because it is free. The configuration right now is an RGB cable to TV with an aux cable for sound from the net book. I have it connected to my router via Ethernet with my ISP cable modem speeds of 22 Mbps. Everything loads and works properly with the Boxee software program. The menus are clear. The problem is the video quality on most popular apps (Vevo, Netflix etc) is fuzzy and the images lag and doesn't seem to catch up with the audio. Has anyone else tried Boxee via a PC and does this have anything to do with my configuration?

Your problem is that your using a net book. It does not have the sufficient hardware to give you proper streaming.
if you tried it on a proper windows laptop you would have a good video streaming.

tomcrown1 said:
Your problem is that your using a net book. It does not have the sufficient hardware to give you proper streaming.
if you tried it on a proper windows laptop you would have a good video streaming.

Well that makes sense obviously the net book isn't built for this heavy streaming. Guess I will save my pennies for the Boxee Box or the Google TV after they have been out for awhile.