Brady Hoke New football coach at Michigan

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
A release from the University of Michigan:

University of Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon announced today (Tuesday, Jan. 11) the hiring of Brady Hoke as the 19th coach in the 131-year history of Michigan football. Hoke arrives in Ann Arbor after spending the past eight seasons as a head coach at Ball State (2003-08) and San Diego State (2009-10).

Read more: Brady Hoke named Michigan football coach | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Domino's plane headed to California; Brady Hoke imminent for Michigan? | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I would have to say that Miles turned them down ...

I would agree and while I am not predicting anything crazy I dont have a problem with the pick. I think he will address the defense concerns. And it does help that he understands we do have rival games, something Rich Rodriguez would just not "get" from day one that he was here. And Brady Hoke he is familiar with the program as he was a D line coach

Just saw the press confrence and it was nice to hear. Of course it had its ra-ra moments, but its a press confrence. Talked about rivals and refered to a "school in ohio" when discussing OSU. Nice change of pace from Rich Rodriguez

"You do the Hoke Pokie, and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about!"

Seriously, he can't be worse than Rich Rod. At least he gets the thing about that "evil school from the south".

I would agree and while I am not predicting anything crazy I dont have a problem with the pick. I think he will address the defense concerns. And it does help that he understands we do have rival games, something Rich Rodriguez would just not "get" from day one that he was here. And Brady Hoke he is familiar with the program as he was a D line coach

Wasn't WV in Big for them rivalry games ?

Wasn't WV in Big for them rivalry games ?

He never embraced or saw the importance of any of the "rival" game Michigan had. Did not really seem to care about the tradition, expecially the one with OSU, or as Bady Hoke calles it "That School in Ohio" :D That was nice to hear!

He never embraced or saw the importance of any of the "rival" game Michigan had. Did not really seem to care about the tradition, expecially the one with OSU, or as Bady Hoke calles it "That School in Ohio" :D That was nice to hear!

Isn't the "Back Yard Brawl" the big rivalry for WV ( WV / Pitt ), that was no big deal for him all the years he was there ?

Isn't the "Back Yard Brawl" the big rivalry for WV ( WV / Pitt ), that was no big deal for him all the years he was there ?

Yep, that is billed as a big rivalry, but apparently he forgot it when he left the state of WVa. He apparently was as dumb as I thought he was. :D

As to the pick for the new coach, at least the teams he has been associated with realized that you need a defense in addition to an offense, if you want a real chance at winning. That is something DickRod never figured out.

I agree, I like the Def. Cordinator they were able to get.

That one surprised me. Nice addition to the staff. Maybe now we can proud of the program again. One of the biggest problems I had with Dickrod was the lack of coaching on defense. I don't want to hear about our youth and lack of experience in the secondary. What I saw was a young bunch that did not improve from game one to game 13. That tells me there was no coaching going on, on the defensive side of the ball. It's not like they didn't have any talent, I'm sure our recruits back there are still better than MAC players, they just weren't taught how to play the game. There should have been some improvement by the end of the season.

That being said, I expect a 9 win season this year, just on the improvement of the defense.

GO BLUE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)