Brand New 722 Reboots After 5 Minutes

eddieg03

Original poster
May 28, 2008
Hello All,
I just got Dish Network installed 2 days ago. The install guy showed up at 9:00pm and didn't leave my house until 1:00am. That's another story alltogether. Anyway, he left telling me that he would be back to install a second dish to pull in the HD channels on Friday. He also said that I would be able to watch the SD channels until then. Twice it rebooted while the stream was being displayed and he said nothing of it. Now I'm noticing that I can't watch anything for more than 2-5 minutes before it freezes and then reboots. After reading on this message board I figured it was just the unit overheating, so I pulled the thing out of my entertainment center and let it run with the same results. I have noticed that it only freezes and reboots when a channel is being displayed. I have tried hard and soft reboots and resetting the factory settings. Still no improvements. I don't trust this guy so I called Dish and told them to send someone different on Friday. Any ideas on what the problem might be or how I can watch tv before Friday? I'm going to miss the freakin Lost finale! I guess that might not be too much of a loss, but I'm still itching for a way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Eddie