Brand New 722 Reboots After 5 Minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddieg03

Original poster
May 28, 2008
Hello All,
I just got Dish Network installed 2 days ago. The install guy showed up at 9:00pm and didn't leave my house until 1:00am. That's another story alltogether. Anyway, he left telling me that he would be back to install a second dish to pull in the HD channels on Friday. He also said that I would be able to watch the SD channels until then. Twice it rebooted while the stream was being displayed and he said nothing of it. Now I'm noticing that I can't watch anything for more than 2-5 minutes before it freezes and then reboots. After reading on this message board I figured it was just the unit overheating, so I pulled the thing out of my entertainment center and let it run with the same results. I have noticed that it only freezes and reboots when a channel is being displayed. I have tried hard and soft reboots and resetting the factory settings. Still no improvements. I don't trust this guy so I called Dish and told them to send someone different on Friday. Any ideas on what the problem might be or how I can watch tv before Friday? I'm going to miss the freakin Lost finale! I guess that might not be too much of a loss, but I'm still itching for a way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)