Brand new 722K did not record

gdenton61

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
NE TX
I just switched from DirecTV yesterday, I set up a timer event to record the Versus channel 5pm-5:30pm today, got home from work and checked my recordings list and it did not record...:mad:
I went to the timers list as the manual says and the event is there, shows it should have recorded but doesn't show why it didn't record.
Anybody have any suggestions on how to determine what happened?
I hope this isn't typical for this receiver, my DirecTV DVR was extremely reliable, the only reason I switched was for the Versus channel.

Thanks

I don't know where else to look except:
Menu->Daily Schedule->Timers

As I stated in my original post, it's there but doesn't state why it was skipped...

when on the daily schedule move up (or page up) until you see your event. beside the event it should say done or skipped or maybe even deleted. Select the event and it will tell you why.

It's not in the daily schedule, and I don't have the skipped events hidden...

I don't understand how it is still in the timer list, I select it and it shows it is set to record 5-5:30pm today, it's now 8:15pm.

Did you page up after you got to the daily schedule? Events that are in the past are listed above (and off screen) of upcoming events.

The only time I have seen this type of behavior is if the power was out, or it lost the satellite signal. Being a new install, I would check the signal strengths.

I've came back to Dish recently. I usually set the 722 to record Becks show on FNS each week day at 5pm. I set it manually. During the past two weeks I've gotten home early and found that station(hd) off but all other channels ok. I do not know why. I usually will switch off of FNS before shutting off the system when leaving for work. The problem hasn't reappeared yet.

I had a 6 mos old 722K replaced earlier this week. Old one was flawless until it refused to recognize EHD. One of my recordings last night stopped about 10 minutes short, though it shows duration of 1:04.

Obvious

I've came back to Dish recently. I usually set the 722 to record Becks show on FNS each week day at 5pm. I set it manually. During the past two weeks I've gotten home early and found that station(hd) off but all other channels ok. I do not know why. I usually will switch off of FNS before shutting off the system when leaving for work. The problem hasn't reappeared yet.

It's obvious the unit doesn't like Glen Beck. :D

A number of my once recordings didnt fire this week (pretty much the first time this has happened in 3 years. Also, my system time is off by 4 minutes (behind)...i think for the last two or three days...

The only time I have seen this type of behavior is if the power was out, or it lost the satellite signal. Being a new install, I would check the signal strengths.

Checked my signal strength (it's really cloudy here this morning):
Satellite 110 = 75
Satellite 119 = 77
Satellite 129 = 57 signal strength

I don't know which satellites I'm actually receiving programming from?

What strength should I see if the dish is pointed correctly?

Thanks

Last edited:
Checked my signal strength (it's really cloudy here this morning):
Satellite 110 = 75
Satellite 119 = 77
Satellite 129 = 57 signal strength

I don't know which satellites I'm actually receiving programming from?

What strength should I see if the dish is pointed correctly?

Thanks

Your signals are good.

If you set a manual timer instead recording a particular show, did you select the day? You can have it record on certain days or everyday. I'm not sure off hand what the default is.

I use a manual timer on Thrusday (7:55 - 10:05 pm) to record Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice for my wife. It's never failed since October.

Give it some time and I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)