Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Totaly new design, with Bit Stream.
Crazy.
0_1.jpg

You hard core old school dish guys should like this one.

OK, I give... What model is this? Do I see a D-VHS on there? If so, then why is there also a Dish logo on it?

the dust? was jen living there?

she refused to dust.:( or clean:(, or do laundry:(, or put away clothes, :( or cook:(, Well you get the picture:(

yep dish made this.i don't remember the model # but this is very old.....
Ah yes, now I made out the "Built-in Dish Network Satellite Receiver." Obviously digital, and obviously a recorder. Did Dish ever patent this thing? (You know where I'm going with that question...)

IIRC, The receiver was made by JVC... was called HM-DSR100RU and the original price was $949.95. It was very technically advanced at the time it was released.

Last edited:
I actually had one of these back in the day. It was essentially a Dish 5000 receiver combined with a digital VCR, and the unit was produced in a partnership that Dish had with JVC. The tapes were pretty expensive, but since everything was digital, there was no loss and the recordings were perfect (just like a DVR). Looking back it is pretty archaic, but at the time it was awesome.

I bought this same model when I joined Dish. JVC Digital VHS. Outstanding video playback & DD5.1. Then it started eating tapes. oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

I actually had one of these back in the day. It was essentially a Dish 5000 receiver combined with a digital VCR, and the unit was produced in a partnership that Dish had with JVC. The tapes were pretty expensive, but since everything was digital, there was no loss and the recordings were perfect (just like a DVR). Looking back it is pretty archaic, but at the time it was awesome.

The tape may have been expensive but all you had to do was drill a 7/64 " hole in the correct spot on an 'ordinary' tape and save a few dollars (after all tape is tape).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)