Brand new DirectTV cust. From Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In I'm Los Angeles So I'm hoping they're Included.

Also, I was told by CSR that you could use the hd receivers like the Dvr. Meaning, you could pause and watch tv at your leisure on any TV

Someone replies to my pot saying I could only do this with recorded event. That would not be what I was hoping for

You know, phone rings, you pause tv and then come back to it 5,10 even 30 min later and you continue watching and then fast forward. Is this really not possible other than on the HR34

In I'm Los Angeles So I'm hoping they're Included.

Also, I was told by CSR that you could use the hd receivers like the Dvr. Meaning, you could pause and watch tv at your leisure on any TV

Someone replies to my pot saying I could only do this with recorded event. That would not be what I was hoping for

You know, phone rings, you pause tv and then come back to it 5,10 even 30 min later and you continue watching and then fast forward. Is this really not possible other than on the HR34

Unfortunately this information is incorrect. The H25s cannot technically be used as a DVR. They are a separate STB that have access to view recordings, set recordings and delete recordings from the HR34, but that's it. You cannot pause live TV. A work around for this is to simply record the program you are watching, press List and start viewing it from the DVR. If you do it this way, you will be able to pause, rewind and fast forward. It's not a perfect method, but it gets the job done.

If you set up with RVU clients in the future, you should have the option to pause/rewind live TV.

Unfortunately this information is incorrect. The H25s cannot technically be used as a DVR. They are a separate STB that have access to view recordings, set recordings and delete recordings from the HR34, but that's it. You cannot pause live TV. A work around for this is to simply record the program you are watching, press List and start viewing it from the DVR. If you do it this way, you will be able to pause, rewind and fast forward. It's not a perfect method, but it gets the job done.

If you set up with RVU clients in the future, you should have the option to pause/rewind live TV.

If this is true, and I think it is, wouldn't you be better off getting a HR34 with HR24's instead ?

Couldn't he use the RF remote from the HR34 to do the same thing?

If this is true, and I think it is, wouldn't you be better off getting a HR34 with HR24's instead ?

From an operational standpoint, it could be. With an HR instead of an H, you could have all the DVR trickplay available, but can't set the HR34 (I think) to record from it. With the H, you can set the remote HDDVR to record an event.

From an operational standpoint, it could be. With an HR instead of an H, you could have all the DVR trickplay available, but can't set the HR34 (I think) to record from it. With the H, you can set the remote HDDVR to record an event.

Interesting ...

I don't have a HR34 and am not sure if it would help in my set up, but I'll ask a question here.

If I have HR24's can I add a HR34 to the set up as a main recvr and use the other HR24s the way they are (without the H25's) I don't have MRV and don't need it.

Will the HR34 work alone with a SWM set up or a Non SWM set up as well ?

Interesting ...

I don't have a HR34 and am not sure if it would help in my set up, but I'll ask a question here.

If I have HR24's can I add a HR34 to the set up as a main recvr and use the other HR24s the way they are (without the H25's) I don't have MRV and don't need it.

Will the HR34 work alone with a SWM set up or a Non SWM set up as well ?

Not sure, but I think the HR34 requires a swm setup.

Interesting ...

Ok, providing I have the SWM set up, can I add a HR34 to the set up without having to change other things around ?

Not without adding a swm16 multiswitch because you would have more than eight tuners.

I'll bet that WHDS or RVU activation (when available) is required. The word on the street is that DIRECTV is going to revamp the pricing scheme significantly for advanced receivers on February 9th (existing users may be grandfathered at some level). The DVR fee is looking to be going to $8 but there's a bundle discount for those with HD, WHDS and DVR service. Also the price on WHDS is rumored to drop to $3.

I read in both sites and have seen nothing that indicates that there is a 'bundle discount' in the offing. And WHDS is $3 right now. The other $7 is for DVR service. If'n you had D*, you'd be able to see that on your bill! :)

I'll bet that WHDS or RVU activation (when available) is required. The word on the street is that DIRECTV is going to revamp the pricing scheme significantly for advanced receivers on February 9th (existing users may be grandfathered at some level). The DVR fee is looking to be going to $8 but there's a bundle discount for those with HD, WHDS and DVR service. Also the price on WHDS is rumored to drop to $3.

So DVR fee is going up a buck ...
Not a big deal, unless they KEEP upping these every year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts