Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
One of my two HR24 is having freeze pic issues. Only on live tv. Recordings are problem free. Every 10-15 minutes I get a picture freeze that will last a few seconds. Then it will correct itself. Tried a reboot and a hard reboot. Nothing. Could it be a hard drive problem?

One of my two HR24 is having freeze pic issues. Only on live tv. Recordings are problem free. Every 10-15 minutes I get a picture freeze that will last a few seconds. Then it will correct itself. Tried a reboot and a hard reboot. Nothing. Could it be a hard drive problem?

Could be, but I'd be more suspect of your alignment. Check your signal strengths, especially when you get the issues.

raoul5788 said:
Could be, but I'd be more suspect of your alignment. Check your signal strengths, especially when you get the issues.

I agree with chip. Check your SS.

Menu button
Settings and help
Settings
Satellite
View SS
Read us some signal strengths from the 99 101 and 103 sats

Or if you have the blue guide (old GUI)

Menu
Parental favs setup
System setup
Satellite
View SS

All signal strength is at 94 or higher. Wouldn't the dish alignment cause problems with my other hr24 and h24?
Have no issues with other receivers.
I did take the coax off and tighten just to see what happens. Will report later tonight.
Thanks guys!!

So far so good. No pic freeze after about 1 1/2 hour. Coax must have been loose. Go figure. The very last thing I checked before the dreaded service call. I'll report back if the problem happens to reappear.
Thanks again guys!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)