SWM set up questions for recording and b band converters...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I'm helping a friend out changing his current set up from a regular SL3 to a SL3 SWM set up. He lives in a condo that is prewired but has only one cable to each receiver so currently when he records a show he can't change the channel or the recording will stop. My question is will he be able to record one show and channel the channel with just the one cable coming into the receiver even if the does not get the Whole Home DVR set up/ monthly fee? Also he has HR22's so does he need the b band converter once he has the SWM?Also my understanding all I need is the SL3 SMW, power inserter and the splitter right?

I'm helping a friend out changing his current set up from a regular SL3 to a SL3 SWM set up. He lives in a condo that is prewired but has only one cable to each receiver so currently when he records a show he can't change the channel or the recording will stop. My question is will he be able to record one show and channel the channel with just the one cable coming into the receiver even if the does not get the Whole Home DVR set up/ monthly fee? Also he has HR22's so does he need the b band converter once he has the SWM?Also my understanding all I need is the SL3 SMW, power inserter and the splitter right?
yes be sure to rerun setup. no b bands needed on SWM and yes power inserter and SWM splitter.

I'm helping a friend out changing his current set up from a regular SL3 to a SL3 SWM set up. He lives in a condo that is prewired but has only one cable to each receiver so currently when he records a show he can't change the channel or the recording will stop. My question is will he be able to record one show and channel the channel with just the one cable coming into the receiver even if the does not get the Whole Home DVR set up/ monthly fee?
make sure in the sat setup it says tuner dual
Whole home is not needed

Also he has HR22's so does he need the b band converter once he has the SWM?Also my understanding all I need is the SL3 SMW, power inserter and the splitter right?
correct. But if he is in a condo there is probably a community dish on the roof and a PI already in the line somewhere (maybe the room where the cables are hooked up for the subs)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts