Breakdown of Directv MLB EI HD versus Cable/Fios MLB HD.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
While it's nice to take a gander at the rest of baseball (and the reason I signed up for Extra Innings), all I really care about is my local Fox Sports channel having HD service. So, if I wanted to switch, I might go with FIOS if they carried my sports channel in HD.

The main reason I switched was that my bundled cable package was costing me about $220 per month and I was really getting tired of watching the baseball playoffs on TBS in SD in October. Comcast cable goes with some crap like Lifetime or HGTV in HD and does TBS in SD. I did hear that they were going with HD on TBS, but I've been getting that same story for 2 years.

Cable/Fios:

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/mlb_hd_schedule.pdf?090415140956651

21 games will play in HD during the week.

Directv:

DIRECTV - MLB EXTRA INNINGS Schedule

117 games in hd during the week.

The time I am using is from friday April 17 at 9:50 pm est (Which means all games starting at 10 pm are counted) to friday april 24th (All games starting before 9:50 pm est)

What do you guys think?
And the 1 and only reason Direct CAN have so many games in HD, or so many games in general, is due to a reason that many people complain about, Full time carriage of just about every RSN nationwide. Without putting RSNs on CONUS 24/7/365, they would not be able to offer so many games within their sports packs nor so many games in HD.

And the 1 and only reason Direct CAN have so many games in HD, or so many games in general, is due to a reason that many people complain about, Full time carriage of just about every RSN nationwide. Without putting RSNs on CONUS 24/7/365, they would not be able to offer so many games within their sports packs nor so many games in HD.

But they are not national channels! :eek::dev Just "vamping"!:D

And there still has not been any games offered with the Phillies (CSN) feed. And no explanation as to why they switched this rom last year.

They just added Padres Channels 4 in HD and the Jays, so I think the Phils should be just around the corner.

But only a some HD highlights make it to Sportscenter or even BBTN, I've seen games in HD and the highlights are SD on ESPN but HD on NESNHD Sportsdesk, even VoomNews use to have the same thing. Must be rights to the feeds or hardball tactics.

I hope Philles feeds are around the corner.

We lost the StrikeZone (MLBN has right to it) - where is it at????

They have always done this. I have watched many Padres games on Channel 4 on EI last year as well.

I didn't know that, since I don't have EI. Being in CT, I get the Yanks, Mets, and Red Sox, so there is almost always a game on. No need for EI!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)