Why did both of my HR-22 recievers just reboot?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
Its annoying enough that I've been trekking through the snow since yesterday to clean off the dish and now both of my HR-22's just rebooted at about 8:00 AM. I have no idea why they did that, we didn't have a power spike or anything as far as I know. I didn't see a "downloading software" message either. It's boring watching the "Just a few more seconds" screen for about 10 minutes :confused:

Its annoying enough that I've been trekking through the snow since yesterday to clean off the dish and now both of my HR-22's just rebooted at about 8:00 AM. I have no idea why they did that, we didn't have a power spike or anything as far as I know. I didn't see a "downloading software" message either. It's boring watching the "Just a few more seconds" screen for about 10 minutes :confused:

I think it is a national release. My HR20 rebooted by itself the other night.

So it did finish rebooting? It sounds like a glitch.

They will reboot after even a very short power glitch. The power here is somewhat unreliable and sometimes I had reboots when even the digital clocks were unaffected. I now have both of my DVRs on UPSs and that fixed the issue.

There have been a few occasions when guide problems caused reboots, but that was several months ago.

Hmmm after seeing on the news that thousands of homes lost power in the denver area (don't know if any close to me) i guess there could have been a power spike or glitch. I have my samsung 52" lcd on a UPS but nothing else. It was beeping yesterday afternoon so that kinda confirms some electrical power instabilities. Thanks for the replies guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)