BREAKING: DirecTV Internationals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
Im told we will hear something this week at CES.

I have been wondering what the hold up has been as well.

Hi Scott, All this talk about international channels makes me wonder whether some folks are not aware of FTAs on Telsat 5. Some folks have mention this but I know that a few channels are scrambled but a large amount are not. Over 100 channels include many that have been mention here are FTA!

Check out Sadoun (a gold sponsor) and explore that as a another option. I know it will involve extra remotes, but with all the gear and their respective remotes, one more will not hurt. :D

Bulldog said:
Hi Scott, All this talk about international channels makes me wonder whether some folks are not aware of FTAs on Telsat 5. Some folks have mention this but I know that a few channels are scrambled but a large amount are not. Over 100 channels include many that have been mention here are FTA!

Check out Sadoun (a gold sponsor) and explore that as a another option. I know it will involve extra remotes, but with all the gear and their respective remotes, one more will not hurt. :D

DIRECTV's WorldDirect programming off 95 degrees, requires a different LNB than the usual one found on the 18" & 20" DIRECTV ODU's. If any channel is worth getting, they will be on DIRECTV. FTA channels will remain there unless DIRECTV wants them. ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was sent this by a few contacts. Thought I would pass it along. It appears soon Dish Network will have REAL compition when it comes to internationals!

DirecTV is now offering International Language Programming a la carte.
VietnameseDirect (SBTN), on channel 2072, is currently available.

Now available: VietnameseDirect (SBTN).
Mid October: HindiDirect and TamilDirect.
Coming soon: Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Tagalog, Greek, Russian, Korean, German, Japanese, Polish, and French.

Base package is required before adding an International a la carte package.
Can be added to any Total Choice/Opción Extra Especial base package.
Customers can also choose Basic or Preferred Choice as their base package.
36 inch dish and APG receiver needed to receive International Programming (transmitted from 95 satellite).

Requirements/Commitments

Base package required before adding an International a la carte package.
Customers who commit to a year of any International Package and Preferred Choice or above receive a Monthly Credit: Dish for Int'l Service ($12.50/mo.) to offset $150 equipment purchase price.

If customer requests Basic, remind them that they will not receive monthly credit with Basic.

Customers agree to annual programming commitment and are subject to cancellation fee of up to $150.

Equipment Requirements

36 inch dish and APG receiver required for International Programming (transmitted from 95 satellite).

36" dish receives programming from 101 and 95 satellites.
In some cases, more than 1 dish will be needed based on programming requested (Example: Customers in 119 local channel market need 2 dishes to get locals).

Equipment price is $150. Customers who commit to a year of any International Package and Preferred Choice or above will receive a Monthly Credit: Dish for Int'l Service ($12.50/mo.) for a year to offset $150 price.
DVR and HD receivers are available with International Equipment orders (additional charges apply).

Remember you read it here at SatelliteGuys.US. :)

HOW ABOUT ADDING BBC 1,2,3, AND 4 AND CHANNEL 4 AND 5, AND SKY1 ALL IN THE UK?

teknophyle said:
Base package required before adding an International a la carte package.
Customers who commit to a year of any International Package and Preferred Choice or above receive a Monthly Credit: Dish for Int'l Service ($12.50/mo.) to offset $150 equipment purchase price
Hardware cost of $150.00 is gone as of 5/17. Equipment is now free!! :eek:

Looks like SkyReport jumped the gun when they repoerted our news from Friday yesterday (which we clearly labeled as a rumor). As DirecTV has not announced their plans for free equipment yet and will not do so until just before August 1st. I am being told the offer will be at first for new customers.

Once again you can see where it appears the press gets many of their stories, and also appears that you can also tell which "professional media orginizations" do not do any fact checking.

This is from todays SkyReport. ( http://www.skyreport.com )

CORRECTION - In SkyREPORT's story Monday, it was reported that DirecTV will offer for free advanced satellite TV receivers to customers who commit to a two-year programming package. While the company will be requiring a two-year commitment for customers who take advanced satellite TV receivers, such as the DirecTV DVR receiver, DirecTV HD receiver or DirecTV HD DVR Receiver, they will not be offered for free to customters. The editorial staff regrets the error.

Good Job guys, you got your hands caught in the cookie jar. Would you like another cookie? :)

D* needs to make a package of Spanish channels like E* and sell them a la carte... Right now the only way to do it with D* is to change your tier to an Spanish tier that includes most English channels but not all. On the other hand, E* allows you to keep your English Tier and add a basic spanish channel (a la carte) that includes all spanish international channels for $20/mth.

internationals

so much bandwith wasted on what could be more movie channels
example : cinemax offer's 8 channel's dtv give's you 3,not a lot of bang for the buck.

Sean Mota said:
D* needs to make a package of Spanish channels like E* and sell them a la carte... Right now the only way to do it with D* is to change your tier to an Spanish tier that includes most English channels but not all. On the other hand, E* allows you to keep your English Tier and add a basic spanish channel (a la carte) that includes all spanish international channels for $20/mth.
True but now you are paying over $40 with AT60 + DL. With D* OPCION EXTRA at $29.99, you are still getting the most popular Spanish channels and the better English channels, including locals. With E* it's quantity, not quality. ;)

cobra55 said:
so much bandwith wasted on what could be more movie channels
example : cinemax offer's 8 channel's dtv give's you 3,not a lot of bang for the buck.
Wasted? I guess you are a non-profit type of person... :rolleyes:

Incaico said:
True but now you are paying over $40 with AT60 + DL. With D* OPCION EXTRA at $29.99, you are still getting the most popular Spanish channels and the better English channels, including locals. With E* it's quantity, not quality. ;)

Not sure about that quality statement. Quality on both stinks on SD channels. In the HD front, E* is quite superior with their Quality right now.

In my case, I did not sign up with them because I wanted all the English Channel and separate ONLY spanish package. D* did not provide this, E* does.

Sean Mota said:
Not sure about that quality statement. Quality on both stinks on SD channels. In the HD front, E* is quite superior with their Quality right now.

Ya know I seem to recall a certain Voom forum moderator stating that they had gone over to the dark side and that the HD was not much different after drinking the HDtivo coolaid. But now E* HD is "quite superior" :p (Sorry I couldnt resist, but a certain idiot followed you right off the cliff)

Sean Mota said:

In my case, I did not sign up with them because I wanted all the English Channel and separate ONLY spanish package. D* did not provide this, E* does.
D* does provide a Spanish only package, OPCION ESPANOL, $14.99, available with TOTAL CHOICE and above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)