Brett Favre released by Jets

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857"]Source: Brett Favre to talk to Brad Childress about playing - ESPN[/ame]

Favre visiting with Vinkings coach this weekend. Gosh, what is it week 8 or nine I think Packers/Vinkings would be must see TV that weekend if Favre signed with vikings!

Now, Favre in a Dome? That would be intriguing!

That is what the local paper was talking about. Think about it

8 games at home (dome)
2 road games in other domes (Detroit, St Louis)

cities that would be "nice" when Vikes play
Cleveland 1st week
Pitts Oct 25
GB Nov 1
Arizona Dec 6

possible bad
Carolina Dec 20

probably bad
Chicago Dec 28

so 14 out of 16 games in either warm or controlled elements

That is what the local paper was talking about. Think about it

8 games at home (dome)
2 road games in other domes (Detroit, St Louis)

cities that would be "nice" when Vikes play
Cleveland 1st week
Pitts Oct 25
GB Nov 1
Arizona Dec 6

possible bad
Carolina Dec 20

probably bad
Chicago Dec 28

so 14 out of 16 games in either warm or controlled elements

BF* never did so well in domes throughout his career, but maybe at this old age, it might be a little more friendly on his aging arm. Either way, seeing BF* in the Vikes Purple is going to be very WEIRD!

The only thing driving this is his passionate dislike of Ted Thompson.

It's been speculated that he won't have anything to do with the Packer organization as long as Thompson is there.

The only reason he may want to go to Minnesota is to beat Ted Thompson. I think it really is as simple as that.

But looking at the situation, He has done nothing about the injured bicep from last season, refused surgery, hoping it will heal itself and it's been reported in the Chessehead press and ESPN that he hasn't even been working out with the exception of driving his tractor.

If he goes to the Viqueens, fine. If it wasn't for a missed last second field goal we would have swept them again. like the last 2 out of 3 seasons.

Beating a 39 year old QB with a bad arm won't be very satisfying though.

Oh, he's just playing hard to get. It doesn't make sense why he would go through with all of this for nothing.

i agree. i'll wait till the start of the season to believe this fool is gone for good.

Maybe he's doing this so he won't have to go through all of the grueling training camps before the season.

true. he did the same thing last season with the jets. we'll know for sure when game one of the regular season starts and he's not around.

Maybe he's doing this so he won't have to go through all of the grueling training camps before the season.
I wonder if that is the reason he has decided to not unretire. :confused:

I read somewhere that the Vikes expected F* to report and participate in all off-season workouts and camps as well as repair anything that needed repairing, instead of letting it just heal. Maybe he doesn't have all of that in him right now....

ESPN is reporting that the Vikes have received X-Rays of Favre's shoulder. If surgery isn't needed, Favre will sign with the Vikings.

It's not Favre coming back to play that I'm tired of, it's his "retiring" I've grown tired of. The way I see it is that if he plays for the Vikings, maybe this year we (the Lions) will win both games.

Front page of the Star Tribune (Mpls)...well the top of the paper

a picture of Farve and it says "What is going on in here?" with an arrow pointing at Farve

Is this where you came up with your update to 5 Lion wins this year ?

Wait a minute there cowboy! Let's not get carried away. First off, I upgraded them to 4 wins. Second off, Favre isn't even factored in yet. I'll wait and see how that injured wing looks before I give the Lion's 2 wins over the Vikings.

Wait a minute there cowboy! Let's not get carried away. First off, I upgraded them to 4 wins. Second off, Favre isn't even factored in yet. I'll wait and see how that injured wing looks before I give the Lion's 2 wins over the Vikings.

Jimbo and Woznaik where have you two been, have you not read where Kevin Smith said they are going to the playoffs this year and last year they were in every game but the tennese game.....:eek::confused::tux:

Jimbo and Woznaik where have you two been, have you not read where Kevin Smith said they are going to the playoffs this year and last year they were in every game but the tennese game.....:eek::confused::tux:

Oh, I didn't miss that, you're looking in the wrong thread. Try the NFL thread.

ESPN is reporting that the Vikes have received X-Rays of Favre's shoulder. If surgery isn't needed, Favre will sign with the Vikings.
Looks like F***e has changed his mind about surgery:

Brett Favre will meet with renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday in Alabama to discuss surgery on his throwing shoulder expected to be performed later this week, the St. Paul Pioneer Press has reported.

Rehabilitation from the surgery, which will release a partially torn biceps tendon in Favre's right arm, would be six to eight weeks, the report said.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175616"]Report: Brett Favre expected to undergo surgery on biceps tendon - ESPN[/ame]

Two things are certain:

F* wants to play again, most likely with the Vikings.

F* wants to stick it to his former team, the Green Bay Packers.

What better way to do so than in the Purple and Yellow?