Brewers to dispute scoring in Sabathia's one-hitter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I disagree with all of you.

I'm pulling for the Brewers (of course--they are the anti-Cubs right now), and I am a Sabathia fan. But I agree with the OS's explanation that that play would have to have been "above average" to get the runner. If he had fielded the ball cleanly, he probably would have gotten the runner out, but the fact that he had to leave the mound, run up, whip around, and make a good throw removes the question of whether the runner would have been out.

And again, I am rooting for the Brewers, but Ned Yost was his usual crybaby self about the whole thing. Hmmm..... with all due respect to the Mets, it makes one wonder if this has anything to do with why they haven't won a game since then.

ERROR. Plain and simple. If he "fielded the ball cleanly", and then made a bad throw, this would be another discussion. This one ends with the bold print above.

Does it really matter? The pitcher made the "error" himself, he has no one to blame but himself for not getting the no-hitter.

Does it really matter? The pitcher made the "error" himself, he has no one to blame but himself for not getting the no-hitter.

The Brewers better stop worrying about this shite and start playing better baseball. The Cubs have been choking as of late, opening the door for Milwaukee to catch them, but the Brew Crew hasn't taken advantage of it.

The Brewers better stop worrying about this shite and start playing better baseball. The Cubs have been choking as of late, opening the door for Milwaukee to catch them, but the Brew Crew hasn't taken advantage of it.

Excellent point!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)