Brian Gohl / Titanium Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you! This really means a lot!

Good business is customer service. :)
Hdvr3500 will play forever with no locking up like the pansat 9200 did. I can leave the tv on and leave. Come back hours later. Still playing.

The record function is awesome.
I am getting some freezing on HD channels on 116.8 with strong signal quality. May be a signal issue. All good from there out. Occasionally it will scan in the same tp's showing both H and V. May be my polarity controller not playing well.

Reactions: Titanium
Earlier this year, I started "Rinker Technologies" in an attempt to supplement our income, work on something that I'm passionate about, and be able to educate people on how they too can reduce or perhaps even eliminate their current cable or satellite bill. I look at Brian as a mentor, because he always provided me with great service and only sells products that he too owns and fully tested before making them available to his customers. Business has been SLOW with both "Rinker Technologies" and my other business "POP 'n CRUNCH", but I'm sticking in there and hope to someday be as successful as Brian.

I too have bought things from Titanium, a ASC1, Amiko switch, a couple of C1WPLLs, great products and excellent service. AND, he's always willing to help out here with any problems, absolutely great!

Oops, I actually didn't buy the ASC1, I won it in one of his many awesome contests!

I have a few Titanium products here (Europe), ASC1 and C-Band PLL LNB's (single output & twin output). Before purchase I received good advice on local suppliers from Brian, his customer service is high quality.

One question for Brian, Is there a dual axis version planned for the Titanium ASC1? I use my ASC1 for East/West and have to rig up another positioner for Elevation, a dual axis version of the ASC1 would be ideal but I understand it might not be economical to produce as its a fairly restricted market?

Reactions: Titanium
Thank you! The European c-band market is a very strong and growing market. The strength of European c-band sales has been amazing! It is interesting that in North America we have tens of thousands of unwanted systems and are sending quality dishes and feedhorns to the scrappers daily as customers have left the market. In Europe the availability of these larger dishes and feedhorns is very limited, but the hobbyist demand is growing and so much greater than in North America.

We have built samples of a dual axis controller model and intentionally designed the ASC1 to be modular to accommodate this type of upgrade. At a future date, we may release customized units on demand, as the dual axis market is just too small to justify a factory build.

One could always run the ASC1 in a normal fashion. Then run a cheapo positioner on the elevation actuator. Just know your pulse counts as to where "normal" vs "inclined" orbit falls.

We have built samples of a dual axis controller model and intentionally designed the ASC1 to be modular to accommodate this type of upgrade. At a future date, we may release customized units on demand, as the dual axis market is just too small to justify a factory build.

If you get to the point where you are releasing customised dual axis units on demand then I would be interested in one, subject to price.

One could always run the ASC1 in a normal fashion. Then run a cheapo positioner on the elevation actuator. Just know your pulse counts as to where "normal" vs "inclined" orbit falls.

Sure, that's is what I am doing now. However, a dual axis unit eliminates the need for the extra positioner and remote control for it.

Sure, that's is what I am doing now. However, a dual axis unit eliminates the need for the extra positioner and remote control for it.

If DiSEqC 1.2 is used to simultaneously signal both controllers, the 2nd remote control is not necessary for automatic horizontal and vertical positioning. Simply use the STB to control both the azimuth controller and the elevation controller with a single DiSEqC command.

Reactions: KE4EST
If DiSEqC 1.2 is used to simultaneously signal both controllers, the 2nd remote control is not necessary for automatic horizontal and vertical positioning. Simply use the STB to control both the azimuth controller and the elevation controller with a single DiSEqC command.

I control the azimuth and elevation axes independently using 36 volt motors and positioners that can work a 36 volt motor directly. I have never used Diseqc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts