Bright House HD Pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JoeP3

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Orlando
I have been having pixelation issues since this past January. The techs have been out constantly and there is still no resolution to this issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Orlando Area.

I am in Tampa Bay area and a few years back I had this problem. I didn't call at first as it would come and go. I researched the internet and knew I needed to call BH. They sent a tech that had worked on this issues for a number of years. There can be many reasons for this. They will start at your house and work to the outside until they find the cause. Mine was 2 blocks away at some central point. it took the tech less than 5 minutes to replace whatever it was. I have been fine since. The tech had equipment to check the signal and after checking the central point outside knew it was down the street. He knew his stuff and that is what you need. Request a tech that works on this. I have a sat dish too and have weather issues when it rains so don't tell me about satellite vs BH. I am very pleased with my combo BH. I have the sat for channels I can't get from BH. Years back I had Direct TV and had many weather issues. It rains alot here in the spring/summer months. Thunder storms also are not good with the sat dish.

I need to add that you can be the only one with the problem. It can be in your house or outside then down the block. Don't wait like I did as it can be fixed.

I have been having pixelation issues since this past January. The techs have been out constantly and there is still no resolution to this issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Orlando Area.

Well, hate to say it but you need to call in again. Make sure to request a brighthouse tech, NOT a contractor.

Well, hate to say it but you need to call in again. Make sure to request a brighthouse tech, NOT a contractor.

In Orlando market it is EXTREMELY rare that a contractor goes out to a service call. Contractors handle 90%+ of installations/upgrades etc, but very very rarely service calls. The only time they do this is say after a big storm, and the amount of trouble calls sky rocket. (Most of them are simple calls though, replacing blown boxes, splitters, drops etc from Lightning, or down drops from storms/trees)

In Orlando market it is EXTREMELY rare that a contractor goes out to a service call. Contractors handle 90%+ of installations/upgrades etc, but very very rarely service calls. The only time they do this is say after a big storm, and the amount of trouble calls sky rocket. (Most of them are simple calls though, replacing blown boxes, splitters, drops etc from Lightning, or down drops from storms/trees)

wasnt sure how they run stuff there.. If he has had several BHN Techs out and its still blocking thats not too good.

I think BH has given up on my pixelation issues. They said they have checked the entire building and connections at the street with no luck in finding any issues.

At one point they tried to tell me that it was my TV. My brand new Samsung 55" LED LCD HDTV..... The problem only happens when I am watching cable or an OD movie. The signal from my DVD, Blu-Ray and PS3 has never pixelated...

All of the cables have been replaced. All of the spliters have been replaced. The cable box has been replaced 7 times. My brand new high rise condo association is locked into a relationship with BH so I can not switch to anyone else. What else can be done to fix this issue?

Keep calling. Someone will eventually find something. If your able to record it pixelating or something to prove its actually happening that may help. I know its annoying on your part but there is SOMETHING causing the issue, if it gets escalated enough there going to get it resolved one way or another.

Keep calling. Someone will eventually find something. If your able to record it pixelating or something to prove its actually happening that may help. I know its annoying on your part but there is SOMETHING causing the issue, if it gets escalated enough there going to get it resolved one way or another.

I agree and did not add this from my earlier posts. I also recorded several specific incidents and wrote down the dates and times. I again urge you to request a BH tech. that has worked on this issue as has been around for many years. I lucked into mine and he solved the problem within minutes and I have not had this issue since. Experience is fine but on this issue can be critical. They should start over. Ensure the cable outside is changed that runs to your house. It is not the TV but can be difficult to solve from my reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)