cave1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Hells waiting room (El Paso,TX)
My brother has Directv. His 2yr contract is over. He wants to cancel his
HTML:
HTML:
sub, and start a new account by using his wife's name and cell #. They got rid of their home phone because they both have cell phones and don't have use for a home phone and want to save $. He wants to put the account under his wife's name to save more $. She has never had a D* account, and by putting it under her name she qualifies as a new sub. He knows that he will have to return the two H21 he has. He is aware of the time he will be without D*. He is also knows that he will have a new 2yr contract. I told him to get MRV to have a better chance of getting a HR24, he likes the one I have.:up

Any tips or advise, positive or negative, would be greatly helpful.

Last edited:
Direct will catch it. One retailer I do work for has had several people try it. They may get the order in, but by the time the installer shows up the new account is flaged for fraud and you can't get it activated.

Have them switch to Dish if they are just looking for a better deal, because they will have a headache when Direct figures it out.

Just let her tell them you don't live there anymore. problem solved! But I would go to dish for 2 years and save money! Dvr's are alot better in my opinion than direct's! If you like tv shows and movies, Dish is the way to go but if you just have to have the nfl package, stay with direct. regards

Just let her tell them you don't live there anymore. problem solved! But I would go to dish for 2 years and save money! Dvr's are alot better in my opinion than direct's! If you like tv shows and movies, Dish is the way to go but if you just have to have the nfl package, stay with direct. regards

And adding MLB, MSG, YES, better CI pkg...... if one also doesn't want those, then switch to Dish.

When he quits his sub, he will say cause he sold the house, pay his bill and make sure he does not have a balance. He is going to remove the Slimline 5 and keep it as an extra. When they reactivate Directv they are going to say they just moved into the house. The account is going to be put in her maiden name, cell # and cc#.

Are we forgetting anything?

When he quits his sub, he will say cause he sold the house, pay his bill and make sure he does not have a balance. He is going to remove the Slimline 5 and keep it as an extra. When they reactivate Directv they are going to say they just moved into the house. The account is going to be put in her maiden name, cell # and cc#.

Are we forgetting anything?

Great plan.:rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll catch your Bro at his game.
Seems like a lot of screwing around by removing the dish, sending back equipment, being without DIRECTV for a while, having another dish installed to supposedly save a few pennies.

The master plan will fall apart when they ask for the address of where the equipment is installed.

I'm sure no one has even tried this before. :rolleyes:

Please explain how his "master plan" will fall apart?

When he cancels his sub, he will pay off his bill and won't have a balance due. He will return the receivers, remotes and any other equipment Directv request. Then they will start a new account using her maiden name and info. How would Directv know Henry Happy is married to Suzy Sunshine? Btw, they will be saving more than a few pennies.

Yes, some have done this and failed, but others have succeeded.

your plan will work! just do it and quit worrying!! you will save alot of money and get the equipment you want.! enough said regards

I was a Dish customer and never thought I would go to Direct. I constantly said the same thing as the above post. Now that I have switched, I can honestly say most of this "equipment is better with Dish Network" talk is BS. At least if you have H24 series equipment. The quality of the HD is better with Direct as well.

I am not a DirecTV fanboy, I had Dish Network for many years and enjoyed the service and equipment. I just call it as I see it.

In my opinion, this is going to be way too much trouble to justify the savings. Just tell him to call Direct and tell them he is thinking of canceling. They will probably offer him something and it will be far less troublesome.

Please explain how his "master plan" will fall apart?

When he cancels his sub, he will pay off his bill and won't have a balance due. He will return the receivers, remotes and any other equipment Directv request. Then they will start a new account using her maiden name and info. How would Directv know Henry Happy is married to Suzy Sunshine? Btw, they will be saving more than a few pennies.

Yes, some have done this and failed, but others have succeeded.

Everything will work just fine for Henry and Suzy.

You know everything, I shouldn't have bothered trying to tell you any different.
:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)