Broadcast Extra (ABC, Univision, UniMas) now available in select DMAs for $5/mo

My local ABC & NBC affiliates operate out of the same building. In fact, the CW, which is a subchannel of our NBC affiliate, uses the ABC affiliate's local news one hour earlier than when the news comes on at 11pm on its own. The reason I'm bringing all of this up, is that if Sling TV brings local broadcasting in our area, maybe we'd get NBC & the CW in addition to ABC.

The only reason Sling got the specific set of ABC affiliates it did, is because those are the ABC Owned & Operated affiliates. So in order for Sling to carry your local ABC, they would need to negotiate with the owner of that specific TV station. Also, I don't know if the networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) have to give the affiliates permission to be on Sling TV or not. Presumably, now that ABC is allowing its own stations to join Sling, I find it hard to believe that any of ABC's affiliates would be blocked by ABC on this, but we don't know yet what position NBC or CBS might take. CBS, for example, might insist that they want consumers to buy "CBS All Access" and therefore wouldn't want to be part of Sling. There is also a rumor of a "CW All Access" soon to come, so it's up in the air right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)