Broke the shaft on my Sg9120B

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
I was adjusting the dish elevation about a week ago in the usual manner, loosened the 6 bolts that hold that adjustment so that the dish could move but would stay in place when I let go. I must have had them too tight because the shaft broke in two while I was moving the dish. This shaft is made of cast aluminum it appears and it broke right where the hollow part of the shaft begins. I've attached a couple of pictures here -

WSI sent me a new shaft for about $30 with the shipping - be careful with these things - they're more fragile than they appear.

Attachments

• IMGP2496.JPG
    IMGP2496.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 198
  • IMGP2497.JPG
    IMGP2497.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 209
broken tube

Wow.. thanks for the warnining! I have one, waiting to be installed.. I recently bought this same motor on Ebay for 50 something bucks shipped.. $30 for the tube?:eek:

I was adjusting the dish elevation about a week ago in the usual manner, loosened the 6 bolts that hold that adjustment so that the dish could move but would stay in place when I let go. I must have had them too tight because the shaft broke in two while I was moving the dish. This shaft is made of cast aluminum it appears and it broke right where the hollow part of the shaft begins. I've attached a couple of pictures here -

WSI sent me a new shaft for about $30 with the shipping - be careful with these things - they're more fragile than they appear.

Would anybody want to bet that it was made in China and WSI should have replaced it for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts