Broken Remote or NOT?????

ryounglaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I just had VOOM installed a little over a week ago and my remote is having trouble. I cannot change channels. If I go to the VOOM “all channels” and want to flip through the list I get about 7-10 into flipping and the remote locks. The VOOM button that was flashing bright red is now dim and the remote will not let me flip for about 10 seconds. This does not seem normal. VOOM has had me do a soft and hard reboot and I have taken the batteries out of the remote. This did not help
Has anyone ever experience this problem? Is the remote broken? VOOM is sending a new remote will this help? Also, what is the code to program the box for a universal remote? None of my remotes have a number for Motorola.
:no :confused:

Seems like a bad remote, so the new one will probably help.
If your universal doesn't have Moto data, just use the Learn function (if you have an LCD one, you can create Green, Red, etc. buttons too:)

Did you try putting in new batteries. If the backlight was left on for a long period of time or something was set on top of the remote keeping a button depressed for a long time the batteries may already be almost dead. ... or this could be too simple!

ryounglaw said:
I just had VOOM installed a little over a week ago and my remote is having trouble. I cannot change channels. If I go to the VOOM “all channels” and want to flip through the list I get about 7-10 into flipping and the remote locks. The VOOM button that was flashing bright red is now dim and the remote will not let me flip for about 10 seconds. This does not seem normal. VOOM has had me do a soft and hard reboot and I have taken the batteries out of the remote. This did not help
Has anyone ever experience this problem? Is the remote broken? VOOM is sending a new remote will this help? Also, what is the code to program the box for a universal remote? None of my remotes have a number for Motorola.
:no :confused:

Call voom and they will ship you a new remote through Fed-ex .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)