Bronze HD package vs. Dish HD Absolute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Do we know yet how the new Bronze HD package at $24.99 per month will compare to the HD Absolute package at $29.99 per month? As far as the channels in each? I need to call and upgrade my two 811's to two 211's, but I don't know if I want to change my current $9.99 per month HD package to either of these. Is there any advantage for me to wait until Aug. 1 or just before? Thanks.

put it this way, I had the hd absolute, had all the HD channels that were in all upper tiers, with the new bronze I bet you would only have about 1/3 of the current package, to keep all the HD channels currently in the absolute now, you would need to get the upper tier turbo which is I beleive 50 bucks/month

There is talk that Dish will "Grandfather" current DishHD- Absolute customers through the rest of the year/2-1-2009 at the $29.99 monthly price.....but nobody seems to know if the current package will be frozen as it is today with no new channels added and no inclusion of your RSN on 8/1/2008......or if it will get the new channels but be eliminated next February. I guess we will know on August 1, 2008.

This is pure speculation, but others have also speculated that the three Turbo HD packages will mirror the America's Top packages. So whatever HD channels with SD equivalents are in AT100, 200, and 250 will also be in Turbo HD Bronze, Silver, and Gold respectively. But I guess we will see when they launch.

It has been stated that new channels will be added to the existing HD only package but only through the end of the year. There has been no clarification on RSNs.

So either I wait til August 1 to find out what the Bronze packages are, or keep my $9.99 per month HD package. I must be nuts to stay with such a screwed up company.

It has been stated that new channels will be added to the existing HD only package but only through the end of the year. There has been no clarification on RSNs.

If that is coming from e*, I would love to see the post. Most of what I have seen is people quoting what they've been told by misc CSRs. I can live without Planet Green , CBS College, and the lifetimes - so waiting til Aug 1 is no big deal... just would love to see e* give us (HD Abs customers) a little clarification as to what to expect. Please :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)