Brooklyn Dodgers Beat Boston Braves

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Man,I have to go to mlb.tv to watch the replay of this game. Both teams were wearing throwback uniforms(which is far more interesting than when the Pirates & Reds played in throwback "We Are Family" uniforms of the 70's years ago). If the "Brooklyn Dodger" uniforms are geniune(I didn't realize it was that blue),it helps me to appreciate "color TV" versus Black & White TV of the day they were playing.

Vin Scully said that the original uniforms of the Brooklyn Dodgers were made of satin(the ones worn yesterday were made from cotton/polyester) & were bluer than what was worn yesterday.

I saw the highlights of the game and was wondering who it was at first.

In that game, more importantly than anything, you got to see the difference in philosophy between Torre and Mattingly. With 2 outs and the bases loaded in the 9th, Mattingly went out to talk to Kershaw and decided to leave him in the game to finish it. Kershaw ended up giving a bloop hit on an 0-2 pitch and the Braves took the lead. Torre would have pulled Kershaw. In fact, Torre would have pulled him after 7 innings. This is why, IMO, Torre was overrated and not a good manager of a pitching staff.

Sure Kershaw gave up the hit, but it was still the correct decision IMO. I even said to myself before the hit that even if Kershaw gave up the lead, it was still the correct decision. Not because Broxton sucks, but because it was Kershaw's game to win and he still had enough to get the win. He is their ace and needs to learn how to pitch complete games and get out of tough jams. Kudos to Mattingly for making the right decision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts