SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,
Im watching this game thinking with 10 minutes left
up 3 nothing we have a slight chance.

I say slight because I remember playing this same Capital team being up
4 nothing late in the third period. Guess what, Rangers blew a 4 nothing lead.

Tonight I felt like throwing the remote at my new Led backlit Toshiba Tv.
The Rangers did it again!
They blew a 3 nothing lead late in the third period.

Im speechless!

A truly Disgusting Loss!!!!

Ok,

Im speechless!

SAVE the TV ....

You'll get much more use out of it !

Ok,

Im speechless!

The only good news for me is that I was at my nephew's soccer game in South Jersey, and didn't get home until after the game was over. Thank goodness.

Sandra

All I can say is last night must have been one bitter horse pill to swallow for all the Ranger fans.

We're used to it...just all part of the fun of being a Ranger fan. It's amazing...ridiculously painful losses, a stupid owner, a GM who makes bad free agent signings year after year after year, seven years in a row out of the playoffs, haven't been a Stanley Cup contender in about 15 years...yadda, yadda, yadda.

And yet fans still are out in force all the time, every time. I know teams like the Red Wings have had their down moments, and the Devils had their first down year this year in quite a while. But for those franchises those are the exceptions...you can usually count on them contending for the Stanley Cup every year. It's easy to root for those teams!

You want to build character? Try rooting for the Edmonton Genius.

Sandra

We're used to it...just all part of the fun of being a Ranger fan. It's amazing...ridiculously painful losses, a stupid owner, a GM who makes bad free agent signings year after year after year, seven years in a row out of the playoffs, haven't been a Stanley Cup contender in about 15 years...yadda, yadda, yadda.

And yet fans still are out in force all the time, every time. I know teams like the Red Wings have had their down moments, and the Devils had their first down year this year in quite a while. But for those franchises those are the exceptions...you can usually count on them contending for the Stanley Cup every year. It's easy to root for those teams!

You want to build character? Try rooting for the Edmonton Genius.

Sandra
As I Red Wings I have no idea what you're talking about. :eek: Seriously, I'm old enough to remember the DeadWing era very well...and the memories of all those painful seasons still linger.

You might as well do it. After all, "resistance is futile."
;)

Spoken like a true Borg!
Ive been a diehard Ranger fan my whole life.
Growing up in Islander country on Long Island.

In 1991 I met and sold Messier all his electronics when he moved to New York.
My all time favorite hockey player!

Since relocating down to Florida 10 years ago, I never miss a game thanks to direc tv.

Too bad! It seems every year we put out the same product.
We have a great goaltender with excellent role players.

Ok, we have Gaborik. I still like Jagr better! Would love to see
a Defenseman break the through like Leetch?

Matter of fact I would love to see a deffence!!
Some offense too!

Back the truck up and clean house. Start with Glenn Sather!!!
Bring in Lou Lamarillo. Devils have been great for years!
Not this year but just about all others.

Ok maybe Im venting a little. But that loss last night was inexcusable.

Id start with Sather!!!

Spoken like a true Borg!
Ive been a diehard Ranger fan my whole life.
Growing up in Islander country on Long Island.

In 1991 I met and sold Messier all his electronics when he moved to New York.
My all time favorite hockey player!

Since relocating down to Florida 10 years ago, I never miss a game thanks to direc tv.

Too bad! It seems every year we put out the same product.
We have a great goaltender with excellent role players.

Ok, we have Gaborik. I still like Jagr better! Would love to see
a Defenseman break the through like Leetch?

Matter of fact I would love to see a deffence!!
Some offense too!

Back the truck up and clean house. Start with Glenn Sather!!!
Bring in Lou Lamarillo. Devils have been great for years!
Not this year but just about all others.

Ok maybe Im venting a little. But that loss last night was inexcusable.

Id start with Sather!!!

I agree Sather has to go...but he won't of course.

It's not as simple as backing up the truck. The Rangers, for the first time in more than a decade, actually have a very solid group of youngsters at various stages of development...

Henrik Lundqvist still has many years ahead of him and is a superstar, one of the best goaltenders in the sport.

Marc Staal is approaching stardom...while he may never be a hall of famer like Brian Leetch, he's an outstanding all-star defenseman.

Brandon Dubinsky, Dan Girardi Ryan Callahan (they really miss him right now), Brian Boyle and Brandon Prust are very solid young NHL players, a corps they should be building around.

Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh,Artem Anisimov and Michael Sauer are just starting to establish themselves in the NHL, and one or all may prove to be very good players very soon.

And they have a solid group that has not reached the NHL yet...Chris Kreider from Boston College is one of the fastest skaters not in the NHL, Mats Zucarello from Norway just got his feet wet this year and showed signs of being a solid contributor down the road, and they're hoping their number one pick from last June, Dylan McIlraith, turns out to be the 6' 5" crease clearing defenseman with a mean streak that they've rarely had. There is no doubt he'll be 6-5 and mean, they're just hoping his skating and hockey sense improves to an NHL-level. He has lots of time.

The problem, of course, is Sather's off-season free agent signings have ranged from bad to abysmal. Almost bordering on insane. Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Scott, Gomez, Derek Boogaard, Alex Frolov, Alex Kotalik...the list goes on and on. And now it looks like they can add Marian Gaborik to that list...after scoring 42 goals last year he's been pretty invisible this year.

In a league with a hard salary cap, you cannot afford to make mistakes each and every summer without fail.

Sandra

I agree Sather has to go...but he won't of course.

It's not as simple as backing up the truck. The Rangers, for the first time in more than a decade, actually have a very solid group of youngsters at various stages of development...

Henrik Lundqvist still has many years ahead of him and is a superstar, one of the best goaltenders in the sport.

Marc Staal is approaching stardom...while he may never be a hall of famer like Brian Leetch, he's an outstanding all-star defenseman.

Brandon Dubinsky, Dan Girardi Ryan Callahan (they really miss him right now), Brian Boyle and Brandon Prust are very solid young NHL players, a corps they should be building around.

Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh,Artem Anisimov and Michael Sauer are just starting to establish themselves in the NHL, and one or all may prove to be very good players very soon.

And they have a solid group that has not reached the NHL yet...Chris Kreider from Boston College is one of the fastest skaters not in the NHL, Mats Zucarello from Norway just got his feet wet this year and showed signs of being a solid contributor down the road, and they're hoping their number one pick from last June, Dylan McIlraith, turns out to be the 6' 5" crease clearing defenseman with a mean streak that they've rarely had. There is no doubt he'll be 6-5 and mean, they're just hoping his skating and hockey sense improves to an NHL-level. He has lots of time.

The problem, of course, is Sather's off-season free agent signings have ranged from bad to abysmal. Almost bordering on insane. Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Scott, Gomez, Derek Boogaard, Alex Frolov, Alex Kotalik...the list goes on and on. And now it looks like they can add Marian Gaborik to that list...after scoring 42 goals last year he's been pretty invisible this year.

In a league with a hard salary cap, you cannot afford to make mistakes each and every summer without fail.

Sandra

Great points Sandra.

Now that Ive calmed down a bit I see your point.
Better decision making up top needs to happen.
Yes, the young guys are good. Tons of upside.

However, Im not sure teams fear this Ranger lineup.
We are missing that one two punch.

Gaborik is missing in action more than not.
Drury? needs to move on.

Our defense had huge holes last night. Its was awful.

That just might be poor coaching?

Win or nor the Rangers need to make some changes.
Why not start at the top!

Here's my favorite NY Rangers memory of late :D

Very pivotal moment and a series defining. Sabres took the first two games at home, Rangers took games 3 and 4 at MSG, all the momentum was with the Rangers coming into Game 5. 0-0 after 1, 0-0 after 2, Rangers score with 10 minutes to go in the game but it was ruled a no goal, a few minutes they score for real, I felt sick to my stomach, until 19:52.3 of the third. Sabres ended up taking game 6 in NY and won the series. Best Birthday present I got that year, in retrospect I would have given my left nut to be at the game, or at least watch t on the big screens outside the Arena at HSBC Plaza.

Kind of ironic how less then two months after this Drury signs with the Rangers. Haven’t really paid attention to the Rangers, but it appears Drury is nowhere near the clutch player he was here in Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drury has been overall a flop on broadway.
He's been injured most of his time with the Rangers.
For some reason really good players fizzle
Out when they come to the Rangers.
They simply can't handle the bright lights of broadway. It's no small task.
I like drury but he's not my idea of a Ny Ranger captain.
I'm looking for a captain to rally the troupes when the chips are down.
To carry them on his back when needed.
Also to say what needs to be said.
I know I'm being retro but I sorely miss Mark Messier.
I choose him as New Yorks all time sports hero. I know it's open for debate but he's got my vote!!!

As a devils fan, knowing my team is playing golf is almost better than what the Rangers are going through :)

As a devils fan, knowing my team is playing golf is almost better than what the Rangers are going through :)

LOL probably a true statement. And this from a fan of a team that suffered arguably the most devastating loss in Stanley Cup history.

Two years ago, game seven AT the Meadowlands. Devils are up 3-2, game seven, crowd already celebrating, and Carolina scores two goals in the final 1:20 of REGULATION to steal the game and the series out from under the feet of the Devils.

Compared to that ultimate choke, what the Rangers are going through right now is not even close.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts