BSC 621-2 LNBF Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
any DC block will work fine. Heck if the 2nd box has the capability to turn off the LNB power that would work too :)

More Problems

My DC Block will be in tomorrow, however in the meanwhile I lost the signal I had. When I turned on the system last night I could not get anything on any sat. The night before G4 PR MUX was clear(10% Strength, 98% Quality), G5 TNT and TBS(40% signal strength) were there, but fuzzy, AMC1 DWTV was going in and out(12% strength 40-60% quality). Don't know what happened, but I need to get it fixed.:(

f/u

Looks like the LNBF went totally out. No luck with any changes. New BSC 621-2 will arrive this PM. I will keep my fingers crossed that it makes everything work. If not I will have to look for other problems (BEC 6600+ or Motorola 450i). Will keep everyone up to date as things progress.:(

My installation guy just tried to get it to work and when it didn't he took it off and said that was bad. I called my supplier and he sent another one. I will send the 1st one back to DMSI to see if I can get a replacement for that one, if it really is bad. That way I will have a spare. I did not want to wait to see if it was bad because that would have meant about 2 or more weeks to get a replacement. My wife doesn't want to miss her DWTV for that long, and I can't find it on Ku.

Back in business

Well the new BSC 621-2 LNBF is installed and I am back in business. All I have to do is fine tune the system again. I have gotten the main channels(G4 PR MUX, AMC 1 DWTV, AMC4 KUIL and G5 Analog) C and Ku back, but I am having problems with G10. Had the Ku side up and then it disappeared. I will work on that later today. Any solution to knowing you are on the right satellite, when you don't have analog channels on it, will be greatly appreciated. Is there a site around that lists the dish position, i.e. number where each satellite should be?

Ku

As I said, I'm back up and running, however there is a glitch. I am able to get all of my C Band Digitals, but the only Ku Digital I can get is KUIL on W4. The Ku on G10 and W1 will not come in no matter what I try. The settings are right because they are the same as for KUIL. I checked all the settings, but nothing works. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I know I am on the right channels because of the analog channels on those satellites.

I get the C Band side of G10, but not the Ku side.:mad:

Help!

KUIL is very strong so maybe the skew is off a smidge

AMC1 has a screwy skew. Its 25 degrees OPPOSITE normal skew for a satellite. Again this is just on the KU side. C-Band is normal

How can I change the skew for the other satellites? My 450i does not show skew in the menu and on the BEC it is on 0.

I bumped it to both sides for both satellites, with no success. When I go back to the 450i screen to check I am on another satellite.

Last edited:
well thats not actually what i meant
i meant without leaving this satellite just bump the motor east or west in a slight movement, its been a while since i used the a 650i ( its like the 450i) let me check my 450i manual , you might have to unlock the satellite position or act like you want to change it. if you do don't save the setting (it would change your current setting. but you would do this while watching the BEC to see if it gained signal.

so if i read this correctly ( and you might have done it this way) goto menu then to 6 (installation) then to 3 (program satellite) then to 5 (dish position) it allows you to bump it east or west here but before you do switch over to the BEC and now pick a live transponder for g10 KU lets say 11720 and now using the 450i remote push the left or right arrow ( moving the motor & dish slightly) and see if the ku signal comes in.
i hope i explained that well enough. if not sorry

F/u

That is exactly what I did with no change. I could not pick up any signal. I did the same with KUIL on AMC4 and was able to lock it in with good signal and quality.

Help!

I was able to get a signal, albeit weak (45 signal, 50 quality), for a few seconds. Then it was gone again. I had the same thing earlier but with a stronger signal and quality, but it disappeared as well.

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Kevin.
I'am a new guy. I need help. I have a reciver" Fortec Star Lifetime Classes NA". I dowload a Loader V.4.2 from the Fortec Website. When I try to use it. My reciver does'nt communicate to my computer. Please help. My E-mail: tbounfinelindi@msn.com.
Thank you

Kevin, I think this is the right forum to ask your question in. I don't have a Fortec receiver, so I'm no help with your question. I'm sure someone will come along with the answers you're looking for. But, the reason I'm even posting is to let you know it's not a Good Idea to post your Email on an Open Forum. No telling who might start flooding your box with junk? You could ask for a PM (private message) here on the Forum. But, I'm sure the ones who know will give an answer in this post. Or maybe you could start a New Thread? Good Luck!

Al

Almost back in business!

As stated I have the system back and running, however I still cannot get T5 to pick up a Ku signal, except sometimes a weak one (signal 60, quality 40) and then it's gone again. It has the same dish setup as AMC4 (I get KUIL with 60 signal and 98 quality. G3 is the same as T5. I get G10 Ku as well (it took some time to lock it in, but it works now)as C- band. Cannot understand why the others won't come in when the settings are the same.:confused:

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Texasclaw, this may not be of any use, but going back over this page and page 3. I found out that you've replaced your lnbf. Well, I changed one out once (actually more than once), and had problems similar to what you appear to be having. Some channels would be OK and some channels would not come in. I was even getting signal strength on some of the channels, but they wouldn't come in. I figured the PID's must be off, so I played around with them, but I couldn't get the channels to come in. Very long story, put short, I had to delete the channels completely from the system and start from scratch. After doing this, the channels scanned in. My summation was that the different lnbf caused different readings in the receiver and the old readings were so close they caused an interference with the new readings and it gave me blank channels. I don't know if this is what is happening to you, but it could be? You can try this with one channel, write down what's currently in your receiver (so you will have it, if you need it), then delete everything to do with that one channel, that includes the channel as well as all information saved from scans from possibly 2-3 different menu's in the receiver. Try to delete everything to do with that channel, then do a new scan. If it doesn't show up, try a manual scan. Good Luck!

Al

Question

Since I have the coax running to the BEC and then to the 450i (as mover), do I delete channels from both receivers or just the Digital receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)