BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
does the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF get both circular and linear types of signals ? I can not seem to find good data on it ? Does C band have linear and circular like the K band birds ? The K birds also require two different LO freq. for different birds... does this LNB give you that flexibility ?

does the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF get both circular and linear types of signals ? I can not seem to find good data on it ? Does C band have linear and circular like the K band birds ? The K birds also require two different LO freq. for different birds... does this LNB give you that flexibility ?

BSC621-2 is universal using 2 LO frequencies of 09750 and 10600
BSC621 is standard US using 1 LO frequency of 10750

Both are in stock at www.psbsatellite.com and other DMS International Resellers.

The LNB can get C-Band Linear, C-Band circular (adding the dialetic plate) and KU linear. It cannot get KU circular (DBS)

I'm getting KU circular on my BSC621-2

The LNB can get C-Band Linear, C-Band circular (adding the dialetic plate) and KU linear. It cannot get KU circular (DBS)

Iceberg,
I get all the ITC channels on DISH (Angel 1, the barker channels, etc.) using my BSC621-2. Rather than setting the LO to 11250 for DBS, I use the Universal-2 setting on my FTA receiver. Then I do a blind scan. It finds all Dish Network frequencies and channels. The channels are scrambled except for the ones that are ITC. I do not use the plate at all.

I was surprised that this worked.

interesting info. I havent tried doing that yet (I wasn't aimed at a DBS slot) but might try that one of these days. Right now the dish is temporarily set up

I think it is possible and actually common to be able to receive strong circular signals with a linear polarized LNB but the oscillator frequency is the challenge. I had this happen with a different configuartion on BEV before they scrambled many of their remaining audio and video channels.

Sorry for bring back a old post, but I am considering on purchasing a BSC621 C/Ku LNB for the BUD.

How are the circular ku signals?
with or without plate.

I would like to be able to swing the BUD to 148, 110, 119 and other DBS birds to scan them when stuff is FTE, it would be a lot easier to in a plate or better yet, find the right settings to pull a circular in as a linear (even if signal is lost).

Which is better the -1 or -2?
I can do either switching methods.

Please add anything else about this lnb, as some of you have had it for a few months now. Thanks

two other ideas

Why not just sidestep the whole problem and strap a circular DBS LNB onto the dish?
Set it about 5º off center, beside the main LNB
At worst, you'd only have to load a few extra locations into your V-box.

I already have dishes aimed at those birds for subscription, so I'd use those...

Why not just sidestep the whole problem and strap a circular DBS LNB onto the dish?
Set it about 5º off center, beside the main LNB
At worst, you'd only have to load a few extra locations into your V-box.

I already have dishes aimed at those birds for subscription, so I'd use those...

I have a DBS lnb 5 degress off now. I recently just adjusted the dish and peaked it to my southern most satellite for the c-band stuff, but i lost signal on all circular birds. Thats probably what ill do, but since DBS has little fta why waste an extra lnb and not to mention adding a switch and extra wires.

Here is a question:

Is there a Cband lnb on the market that does both Circular and linear without having to insert/remove the plate each time?

Here is a question:

Is there a Cband lnb on the market that does both Circular and linear without having to insert/remove the plate each time?

That's a great question ........

I believe I read somewhere that the Corrotor II Wideband Plus did both Linear and Circular without removing dialectric , and also did right and left polarities without having to switch the plate from one side to the other.

I'd also like to hear about other members experiences.

In the near future I'd like to aim at NSS 806 and watch both left and right circular channels , that would suck to have to move the dialectric plate everytime I moved to a linear bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)