bsc621-2 switching

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfdevil83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Toronto
I set up a 1.2 mini bud with a bsc621-2. The cband side of this lnb works very well but the ku leaves much to be disired. Is there any way to bypass the internal switch for c and ku? I want to run the c band part of the lnb and use a external switch to connect to my qph031 for ku on the same dish. On the end of the lnb there is a small cable that ties in about half way up. If I remove the small cable and connect my switch directly to the back of the lnb will this just give me cband? Or will this lnb work at all without this jumper wire? Thanks.

If I remove the small cable and connect my switch directly to the back of the lnb will this just give me cband?
Yes, then use an external switch to go between.
Remember to cover the open ports on the BSC621.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had to drive for two hours round trip to get the lnb and was a bit nervous about randomly hooking thing up.

There is an internal 2 port diseq switch in the lnbf.
You can use an external switch. I have done it or use the internal switch just take out the jumper and use a longer jumper to your qph031 assuming you will only use on port on that lnbf.

The rcvr port is the C band lnb on the bsc621-2.

I set up a 1.2 mini bud with a bsc621-2. The cband side of this lnb works very well but the ku leaves much to be disired. Is there any way to bypass the internal switch for c and ku? I want to run the c band part of the lnb and use a external switch to connect to my qph031 for ku on the same dish. On the end of the lnb there is a small cable that ties in about half way up. If I remove the small cable and connect my switch directly to the back of the lnb will this just give me cband? Or will this lnb work at all without this jumper wire? Thanks.

Interesting thats the setup I want. Basically I want to get my g18 back on the ku side. The bsc does drop some channels but the qph does a whole bunch better.

Actually the ku side work fine but you need to push the lnb towards the dish to get the proper focal point but hen you loose your focal point for c band.
You can always get at the middle point but you will not all the channels.

I just put a ku lnb beside teh bsc621-2 and that works better I just uset diseq 1.2 for the sat position.
Another way to do it is to find how many degrees is the ku lnb from the c band lnb and edit the ku sats offset that many degrees.
For example if AMC4 is at 101 and your ku lnb is -6 degrees you can set your AMC4 at 95 and use usals. All your ku sat should be -6 degrees in these case.
Depending on the side you put the ku lnb your offset woud be - or +.
Some receivers allow sat editing......most have the option but some done save. You have to upload a edited sat list reflecting the offset.

Interesting thats the setup I want. Basically I want to get my g18 back on the ku side. The bsc does drop some channels but the qph does a whole bunch better.

I didn't like the compromise with the bsc621.
When I would get ku peaked I had no c-band.
I bought a corotor and could not be happier.

When sadoun releases the new g box, it has polorizer servo control so you can control a high quality feedhorn with your free to air box.

I didn't like the compromise with the bsc621.
When I would get ku peaked I had no c-band.
I bought a corotor and could not be happier.

When sadoun releases the new g box, it has polorizer servo control so you can control a high quality feedhorn with your free to air box.

You must have got a bad BSC-621, or you never had it set up right. but they will perform great for C-band even better than a co-rotor, an just as good on Ku-band as a co-rotor. but with a co-rotor you can up for more stable lnb's which is a big +, but you louse a lot the way the antenna feed come from the throat into the wave guide on a co-rotor.

now today was setting up a 10-footer on a H to H mount, an had a 621 in it, an the way this mount is its a DOG to get to track the arck. its a Channel Master, an for you're declination you have to spin the dish in its hub an every time you do it you cange the skew. so I put a co-rotor in its place today so the pan-3500 could move the ants (c & ku) with out me keep reshewing the 621, an I noticed right away on Telstar-12 that I lost 6-points on quality (had 98Q w/621 an 92Q w/co-rotor on freq 11,805) with the co-rotor, (yes good quality lnbs on co-rotor) started checking other sat that I was about the same across the board.

now I got 1 621 that I sold a freind here that I have to ship back to DMSI, I put it in the dish to day an it is deaf on ku he could not get it to work, but this is my 1st out of all that I have purchased that is bad out of about 20 or so. other than that they are good performers for the price that you pay, now if you want the most signal going go for a ortho feed they have the least loss in them, from any type of feed that I have installed.

I'm sure the lnb will work on a 8 to 12 foot dish equally with some tuning. The problem that i'm facing is the size of the dish. With the 1.2 meter dish I want to adjust for the best cband reception possible. When I peak my cband on my little dish ku suffers big time. Thats ok considering I can just side mount my q31 and reconfigure my usals. On another note whats the plastic plate for the lnb for? Circular? Ka band? Got to love testing!!

1captain, not trying to argue, but I've had the same issues as truckracer with the 621 (albeit, I don't think mine is quite as severe. I can definitely say with mine that if I peak ku in, I lose a lot of signal for C (and vice versa...) I picked a (somewhat) happy medium but it favors C over Ku...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts