Help With Geosat CK1 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I have received the Geosat CK1 LNB from SattelliteAV (God Bless Them), and I have a couple questions. I have Perfect 10 7 1/2 foot with a Coolsat 5000. I have an Sts 3000 and a Uniden 4600 analog receiver one with video and the other audio problems. I am thinking of buying a Gbox and eliminating the analog receiver.

The Geosat CK1 does not have a jumper cable that allows you to run only one RG6 coax. So I have two cables ( one C band and one KU band). I need to combine the two . Can I use a DISEqC switch? If so i would believe that it would be ran.

LNBs(C and KU) > DISQeC > Gbox > Coolsat 5000

Does this sound right?

Will the Coolsat pick up Analog C Band (like Shepards Chapel) or will it only pick up digital signals?

Thanks

I am not sure about the dish switch. I am not sure of what type of signaling dish uses.
Diseqc switches are pretty cheap. Just a few bucks. I would stick to a good diseqc (2x1) or a (4x1) leaving two ports unused. The four port switch is about as cheap as a two.
You could potentially use the other two ports for fixed dishes on a specific satellite in the future.
two fixed dishes on a sat that is either too far east or west for your motorized dish to get. (just an example).

sadoun has a good deal on switches with weather proof covers.

Thanks for the info, Truckracer. The reason I ask about the 22k switch is my C-band LNBF is on #1 of a 4-way diseqc and I wanted to put a switch in the line going to that dish when I put my new CK-1 on it (Thanks SatelliteAV!)
Like this: Receiver---->diseqc port#1---->22K on--->Ku on 10 footer, 22K off---> C on 10 footer
port#2--->fixed Ku dish
port#3--->fixed Ku dish
port#4--->fixed Ku dish
Since the universal LNBFs on the Ku dishes work fine, the diseqc switch passes the 22k tone, yes? :confused::rolleyes:

Since the universal LNBFs on the Ku dishes work fine, the diseqc switch passes the 22k tone, yes? :confused::rolleyes:
Y E S

edit: If you are using Universal LNBs just on high band (don't need low LO), then this setup in the Switch FAQ will let you expand to eight total LNBs in the future.
Now that SatelliteAV is carrying the Ecoda 22khz switch, ya might as well get that brand.
It'll work as you've described, and you'll be ready for a rewire in the future, if you desire.

euro -
You're quite welcome.

That whole thread is based on the very best ideas that've been published on the site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts