BSC621 to receive NASATV Feed on Dishnetwork sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlobianco

Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I have a C-Band dish (12 footer). Can the BSC-621 be used to receive the free Nasa TV feed on dishnetworks satellite? I'd only need it when there are actual shuttle launches. The rest of the time I'd use it to receive our standard Linear C and KU band feeds with my Traxis DBS3500 or DSR922.

If I use the Di-Electric plate to convert the LNB to Circular will it let me receive the Nasa feed with my DSR922 or a regular FTA receiver like a Traxis DBS3500?

Will I still be able to receive Linear polarized feeds like whats on G10R? or do I need to remove the plate and put it back in when I need that circular feed?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Considering that suitable and free 18..20 inch dishes can be pulled out of the trash (with LNB), I wouldn't mess with my existing LNB.
And besides, there are other NASA feeds on C-band. ;)
See TheList in the C-band section.

Last edited:
And besides, there are other NASA feeds on C-band

Bunch of NASA feeds on c-band on amc 6 or amc 7

If I use the Di-Electric plate to convert the LNB to Circular will it let me receive the Nasa feed with my DSR922 or a regular FTA receiver like a Traxis DBS3500?
the DSR-922 can't see circular feeds
I suspect that the di-electric plate insert is for c-band (only) but not 100% sure on that.

Considering that suitable 18..20 inch dishes can be pulled out of the trash (with LNB)
if you still need the NASA feed from the DN sat then you can setup a small dish with circular lnb for that one satellite and diesqc it into your system & traxis 3500 ... that should be easy too

Will I still be able to receive Linear polarized feeds like whats on G10R? or do I need to remove the plate and put it back in when I need that circular feed?

I suspect you would have to remove it each time

If you can see AMC6 or AMC7, by all means go for that...not compressed and a few more options :)

Bsc-621 can be a little cranky on ku band (mine is). Move your dish to AMC-6 or AMC-7 and you will love the picture quality on C-band. Use your FTA box and refer to the list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)