Buckle up! L2.50 to spool for 522 and 625 on June 29

Not being able to do that has always bothered me. Also on the same recording options page, there's a setting to specify after how many recordings of this DVR event to start deleting the oldest ones. The default being #, which supposedly means 'none'.

Does anybody know if the favorites problem is fixed? I haven't had time to test yet. To me, this is the most annoying bug. I can set favorites on tv1 but when i set them on tv2 they disappear from tv1. Having to sort through all those extra channels sucks.

I've got a 625 on L2.51.

gyppo said:
...Also on the same recording options page, there's a setting to specify after how many recordings of this DVR event to start deleting the oldest ones. The default being #, which supposedly means 'none'...
Great News! That's another feature my TiVo has that my Dish DVR has always been lacking. Sill at 2.39 this morning :(

Just looked and mine is at 251 also. I'll start looking to see what they mucked up(fixed) this time around.

Maybe they added different items to the sharper image catalog. :p

I do like the idea of deleting old events after so many. Sometimes I watch them and don't delete when I am done. THis will do it for me. :cool:

Ned Dorsey said:
Great News! That's another feature my TiVo has that my Dish DVR has always been lacking. Sill at 2.39 this morning :(

I know you just explained it. Can you expand on this feature and give me an example, i'm having a brain spaz and can't understand it.

Kaydigi said:
I know you just explained it. Can you expand on this feature and give me an example, i'm having a brain spaz and can't understand it.

Allow me to try.

This feature allows you to tell the DVR how many recording of a given show you would loke to have available to you.

FOr example, I like to have Law and Order recordings available, but I don't really care if I miss any. So I have set my 522 to record them as they come on. But I end up collenting a gazillion episodes that way. With this feature, I can tell the 522 that I only want 4 episodes on my DRV at a given time. When there are four on there, and a new one is broadcast, it records the new one anddeleats the oldest recording.

Another example. I like to watch the Daily Show, but only on the day it is broadcast. I don't want older ones, even those that I recorded, but let sit for more than a day. So I set the DVR to keep a maximum of one episode. When the new episode airs, it deletes the old.

Sapient said:
Allow me to try.

This feature allows you to tell the DVR how many recording of a given show you would loke to have available to you.

FOr example, I like to have Law and Order recordings available, but I don't really care if I miss any. So I have set my 522 to record them as they come on. But I end up collenting a gazillion episodes that way. With this feature, I can tell the 522 that I only want 4 episodes on my DRV at a given time. When there are four on there, and a new one is broadcast, it records the new one anddeleats the oldest recording.

Another example. I like to watch the Daily Show, but only on the day it is broadcast. I don't want older ones, even those that I recorded, but let sit for more than a day. So I set the DVR to keep a maximum of one episode. When the new episode airs, it deletes the old.

That will work great with PTI , Jim Rome is Burning, and Modern Marvels. Oh wait, I would need the 2.51 first :(

Another example... on my Tivo I have "Keep At Most" set to 1 episode for the morning news at 5:30. So I can wake up at 6 and still catch the entire broadcast. The next morning it deletes the previous morning's episode when the new one records. This is also helpful when I am out of town, I don't have a whole bunch of news programs filling up my hard drive. It's kind of a maintenence feature.

Also, I keep 3 episodes of the most current re-runs of Seinfeld on my TiVo, so whenever I'm in the mood for a good laugh I've got some episodes but it doesn't fill up my hard drive.

I guess the Dish computer's don't spool new software on weekeknds 'cause I'm still on 2.39 :(

Can anyone with a 625 tell me if they are experiencing the same audio/video problems like the 522 subs do? I would like to know if it would make any difference if I buy a 625 and replace my leased 522. Some say the 625 has more memory or power to do all that it is supposed to while the 522 is not powerful enough. Anyone ?

Are people with 2.51 having the same level of audio problems? I have not been watching mine enough to notice.

Sapient said:
Are people with 2.51 having the same level of audio problems? I have not been watching mine enough to notice.

I am on 2.51 and not having any audio problems. Either they finally fixed the probem or I am lucky.

I have recorded and watched about 10 hours of programming since I got 2.51 last week - I think I got the day it was released.

I'm still hoping that it is not just a fluke or my imagination, but with 2.50/2.51 I seem to have no audio dropouts. The two versions came so close to each other that I would not even hazard a guess as to which one made the difference I think I am hearing. I've watched two recorded sessions of Tour de France and at least one movie. That is at least 6 hours that have been pretty enjoyable from an audio aspect. Still keeping my fingers crossed it does not revert to frequent dropouts

Good to hear. I haven't noticed any dropouts either, but most of my TV viewing since 2.50 (and the 2.51 update the next day) has been in the background.

I've had a 625 for about 1 1/2 months and have not been experiencing dropouts. I'd say I've noticed very quick dropouts 5 times the entire time. I may also just be lucky.

Most importantly to me, L2.51 seems to have fixed the favorites problem, where I was only able to set favorites on 1 TV - if I set it on the 2nd TV the first favorites list was wiped. Now that L2.51 came down, I reset my favorites on TV2 and so far TV1 favorites have stayed put. Has everybody experienced this problem before? I would think it would be driving everybody nuts and there would be more complaining about it - or is everybody just sick of complaining about it?

Sure would be nice to see release notes/bug fixes for each new release. Guessing this is another constant annoyance.

But now that favorites are fixed, I'm happy as a clam (for now).

I've noticed this too with my 522 and the favorites list. If I set favorite guides on both tuners to the same thing , like Movies, Locals, Variety , etc, I get it on one tuner but not the other. The list names stay put but the actual channels only populate on the guides on one of the tuners. I set the living room first and then went into the bedroom and set the same guides on the other tuner and they worked. Went back into the living room and those guides didn't. So presently at L 239 , it looks like you can only have favorite guides on one or the other but not both.

What's the delay at rolling 2.51 to all boxes?

From what I recall in the past, it only took about a week to roll new software out. It's been a week-and-a-half and I'm still waiting. It must be a fairly bug-free version since if it was bad I'm sure we'd see a ton of posts here saying something like "2.51 messed up my...". C'mon Dish, spool me the new software/features!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts