Bucs vs Packers and horrid refs:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
To start with I'll admit I'm a homer and I might view some ticky tacky calls as bad calls. Now with that said I've never seen so many horrid calls in a very long time and it makes me sick. This was also the most one-sided called game I've seen in a while as well. I also count at least three plays where I believe the ref allowed the home crowd and staff to dictate the call they made. Close to the end of the game on the long ball to Joey G. the GB defender wasn't looking at the ball, had his hand around his arm, was pushing his helmet into his check all while shoving him to the ground. The refs threw the flag and the home crowed, Sherman and his staff all went crazy and after about 20 seconds of the refs having their meeting they picked up the flag and didn't call anything. This led to use having to punt instead of at least running the clock down towards two minutes instead of almost five minutes.

Another call towards the start of the game was when Farve threw the ball kinda deep and his receiver was holding Brian Kellys arm for at least three seconds while trying to shove Brian down and they called Brain for defensive PI. Now I replayed this over and over and Brian didn't even have an inch of anything wrong.

Another play the refs didn't call anything on was a 3rd and long and Clayton was wideopen for a first down and the defender put his arm around him and took him down well before the ball got to Clayton. This was at least 10 yards down the field and was so obvious that it was defensive PI but again nothing was called. Those are just the ones I can think about right now but they made at least 7 horrid calls that weren't calls that were close or could go either way. These calls were without a doubt bad calls or no calls when they should have called it. I mean these were bad and all part of the play.

Oh and I just remembered another play were the refs allowed the crowd and staff to again dictate their call. One of the defenders went to tackle and sack Griese and he so clearly extended his fingers into his helmet and it was clearly an out of his way type of thing. Well as you might guess the refs called the personal foul but like the other plays the crowd, Sherman and his staff went nuts again and next thing we know the refs picked up the flag and called nothing at all.

I'll think about the rest of them once I calm down but I hope others saw just how onesided this game was. This must go on the list of one of the top 5 worst called games in NFL history and if the NFL doesn't fire someone on this crew than nobody IMO is held accountable for their horrid actions. They get paid great money and benefits and with that said they are being paid to be better than this. I understand that the NFL is very hard to ref and I'll never call out a ref for close calls because they are hard calls and they do always even out. But for what they get paid nobody should ever be this bad and deserve to keep their jobs.

I wonder what all you think about this game and the refs.

there were alot of bad calls in that game. i have a feeling the refs will be getting instructions on their miscues from the leauge. alot went against the bucs, but their was some that went against the packers.

i would be complaining more if we didn't get the win.

how about cadillac. highest amount of yards in first three games than any other running back.

korsjs said:
there were alot of bad calls in that game. i have a feeling the refs will be getting instructions on their miscues from the leauge. alot went against the bucs, but their was some that went against the packers.

i would be complaining more if we didn't get the win.

how about cadillac. highest amount of yards in first three games than any other running back.

I do like my caddy that is for sure. Also I think the Bucs got a break on just one call and that was the Griese fumble that was called incomplete (ie the tuck rule). Because of this we still got to keep the ball. Now the point was that the Bucs got screwed on about 10 more calls or non calls compared to the Pack. I also now remember that obvious defensive offsides by about 2 seconds that wasn't called that led to another punt. Also the Griese INT should have also been either a holding or PI call or in the real world both. Pittman got slightly shoved in the back and shortly after the packer guy put one arm around Pittman while using his other hand to hold Pitts jersey to keep him from moving forward to seperate himself from the defender. I somehow saw a video from behind and was amazed to see this.

I'm not one to complain about refs because the good teams still win with bad calls but at some point even the best team can't overcome everything. I promise you that if the Pats had a game like this last year refs would be fired.

i can think of one game where the refs cost the better team. the national championship game a few years ago where ohio state got a fluke pass interfernce call in their favor against miami in overtime. miami should have won that game period. i am not a fan of either team, but miami was robbed.

Who was the head ref for the game? There's a guy, who's name I can't think of, who makes browns fans cringe when his name is mentioned...I believe he did the colts game a few weeks ago where the colts got away with murder and the browns were flagged for everything...There's 1 ref in the league that is just god awful, wonder if it was him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)