Packers legend Bart Starr dies at 85

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Bart Starr, the first quarterback in history to win five National Football League championships and hero of the most memorable game in the storied history of the Green Bay Packers, died today in Birmingham, Ala. He had been in failing health since suffering a serious stroke in 2014.

Starr, 85, played for the Packers from 1956 to 1971, and was beloved by fans of not only his generation, but also succeeding ones. Along with being a Pro Football Hall of Famer and among a small pantheon of Packers’ all-time greats, he was the franchise’s nonpareil role model in the eyes of many.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Funny, this was one of those times when a well known person passed away I became very sad. To the point of actually shedding a tear.

He was my hero growing up. This was during a time it was generally normal for a boy to have a hero who was in professional sports. IMO, vastly under-rated QB who did nothing but win. But more importantly, from everything I read and heard, he was just an outstanding man. Prayers for his family and especially his wife of 65 years, Cherry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)