BUD help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill Upham

Original poster
May 27, 2008
I had a working BUD on my property one I’ve been enjoying for many years.

I disconnected my receiver and hooked it up to another dish I was able to find C4 Channel 9 (shopping channel). However the picture was terrible and I could not get it to look good.

So I removed the feed horn from my working dish and put it on the other dish now I can’t get anything. Are feed horns specific to types of dishes what could have gone wrong??

Both feed horns are CHAPARRAL My old working dish was mesh and the one I’m trying to hook up is solid stainless steel

Bill

Can you try reinstalling the Orig. Feedhorn, then if Shopping Channel comes in, is it possible to just switch the LNB part. Does the Feedhorn have a Servo Motor, did you check?

Can you try reinstalling the Orig. Feedhorn, then if Shopping Channel comes in, is it possible to just switch the LNB part. Does the Feedhorn have a Servo Motor, did you check?

This is very frustrating I don't have the equipment or the experiance to be working on this BUD

I really need a knowledable person to walk me through this or find somebuddy in san diego CA.

I was hoping by changing out the entire feed horn c/ku I would be up and running the motors working good and I belive I have the right elevation

I think I have discovered the problem the feed horn is not perfectly centered one of the supports are bent your thoughts please

It needs to be centered AND the proper distance from the Dish.
Here is a page that might help....
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C
There is a lot of reading, but it is not really hard, just time consuming at first. You need to understand the idea a little before you jump in.

Can you list all your equipment?
You said you had a working BUD, do you still have access to it?

welcome to the group Bill :)

the guys in this group are very good at walking someone through setup

if you can post pictures they sometimes help

i just straightened one of my feedhorn support arms today
also if you don't think you can straighted it back out a replacement feedhorn support arm might be in order. if you can't find a piece of pipe that can handle it then a piece of conduit might work , you would have to flatten the ends and bend them to fit like the old feedhorn support arm. and drill the holes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.