BUD Locking Bar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Hello All, I am getting closer to putting my 10ft bud back into service but am going to hold off using an actuator for right now. My question is where can I find a locking bar to use in place of the actuator?? or has anyone made one at home and from what metal is best? Thanks! Chris

I didn't use it but my first bud came with a piece of angle iron with a hole at each end. Insert a couple of bolts with nuts to lock it down. :)

Reactions: fred555
Why not just use the old actuator?Even if it's locked up you can slide it in the clamp to adjust,or if the screw will still turn take the motor off and you can turn the shaft with pliers or vice grips.

Or square tubing. One slides into the other. Drill a hole in the outer one towards one end. Weld a nut around the hole. insert a bolt to hold dish in position.
Drill another hole through both tubes to 'lock' it on a favorite satellite.. Drill this one when it's aligned.
A tab on the outer tube to mount it and a swivel end on the inner to attach to dish.
This would allow easy aiming to another satellite, assuming it's aligned to the arc.

Why not just use the old actuator?Even if it's locked up you can slide it in the clamp to adjust,or if the screw will still turn take the motor off and you can turn the shaft with pliers or vice grips.
Good idea! once I get closer to re-assembly I will see what I can do with the old actuator. Thx

I just use a piece of angle-iron with two 1/2" holes drilled in each end. Think I measured for 97w. It's fastened to the opposite side of the bolt where the actuator connects to the arm so it doesn't get lost. I use it when I remove the actuator for servicing.

I believe the dish was set on a certain sat when I took it down, so maybe I could have a bit of luck when I get it back together that the actuator in its present condition and position could have the dish right on the arc or super close to it I hope, I also have not adjusted any of the mounting bracket bolts, just removed the dish from the mount. So we will see...lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)