BUD Tracking from 20W to 107W, but not getting anything above 107W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

signal.quest

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2009
Near Scranton, PA
My longitude is 75.7. I used 72W as my true south. I had the actuator to the west by 40 counts when finding 72W. I can tune 20W to 107W. I cannot tune anything above 107W. I am concerned that trees might blocking my LOS. But, I want to make sure it is not an installation mistake. Is it possible to be on the ARC for 75%? It seems to me that it should work for the whole arc if it works for 75%....? Please help. Thanks.

Thanks. Your response has given me the idea that I might be able to look through the mesh dish to see what it is looking at. I also can try the inclinometer, but I need to do it from the roof.

Silly question, but are you sure you are not at the end of the actuator's arc? You said you were 40 counts West for 72W. Is that your actuator center so you have room to go East and West to hit the satellites you want?

Silly question, but are you sure you are not at the end of the actuator's arc? You said you were 40 counts West for 72W. Is that your actuator center so you have room to go East and West to hit the satellites you want?

I still have about 300-400 counts left before I hit the end of actuator. I am concerned about not reaching 137W. My actuator is centered at 0. I moved it east by 40 and aligned it to 72W. Is there a way to stay on the ARC and center on a more western SAT? I think my Actuator is 36" but I don't know if there are limits set. I have the actuator mounted on the WEST side so it pulls the dish WEST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)