Buffalo Buffoons Week 2- The 'Unsurprising Blowout' Edition

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Well, to the surprise of absoltutely nobody, the Buffalo Bills got beat badly in Green Bay 34-7 (it could have been worse- the Packers got two early field goals, so it could have been 42-7).

As expected, Rodgers passed all over the Bills, Buffalo couldn't contain their wideouts, and Buffalo's only TD came on a drive that mainly resulted from the run. That is the one thing they can do well. Everything else? Not so much.

Trent Edwards sucks, plain and simple. HD, you think you had issues with Anderson and Quinn in 2008 and 2009? At least they attempted to throw down the field at times- the Weak-Armed Wimp at least more than 100 yards passing, but was sacked 3 times by Clay Matthews, pretty much tattooing his number on Mr. Check-Down permanently.

One bright spot- the touchdown drive. Other than that- :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Good news- Edwards has been benched and Ryan Fitzpatrick will get a week 3 start.

Bad news- the Bills go to New England- they haven't won there since 2000 and are 0-8 at Gillette Stadium- against a team that will be livid after their week 2 performance.

Last year, Buffalo almost shocked the Pats at the Razor. This time, Brady's knee is far better, so he'll be less rusty.

OTOH, with Fitzpatrick, I don't have to wave the white flag, which I might have done if Edwards was the starter in Foxboro.

Fitzpatrick is the the old new face. He did nothing last year and won’t do anything this time around. Or so says my cousin who is a huge Bills fan.

Sadly enough Sabres, I think your Bills and my Browns will be competing for next year's #1 choice. We should both be in the market for a franchise QB.

Who do you like? Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)