Buffalo HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good morning guys. I have just registered and am having my service upgraded to HD as I type. Just bought a new plasma and can't wait to see what I have been hearing about. My question is: I live in Niagara Falls and need to get an indoor antenna. What have you guys found to work the best? I appreciate any advise you can offer.

I use this one in Wheatfield and am amazed with the picture I get. I don't get any Toronto stations though. You'll need an outdoor one for those.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=3394455&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08081&id=1051384457031

Digital signal will give you either perfect picture or none, no snow like VHF. $60 for an indoor antenna is pretty expensive, especially considering we do an outdoor setup aligned via a HD signal meter for only about $100 more. :p

Digital signal will give you either perfect picture or none, no snow like VHF. $60 for an indoor antenna is pretty expensive, especially considering we do an outdoor setup aligned via a HD signal meter for only about $100 more. :p

Are you willing/allowed to tell the name of the company that does the antenna installs?

What could be DirecTV's reason for delaying our locals?

All I can come up with is they (1)lied about their capacity last year in order to bring in a few more customers, (2)they are using the bandwidth for premium services, or (3)they are just waiting.

If they are just waiting, what is the point?

They beta tested this newest wave of locals in mid-December, so why wait four months? It can't be too different from unveiling locals in other markets.

:flag:

Are you willing/allowed to tell the name of the company that does the antenna installs?

PM sent. :up

Not bashing anyones antennas, just trying to save people money, i did a test with that Terk antenna that a customer had bought from CC on their tv, compared it to a $9 rabbit ear from wal mart i had on the truck, both had the same signal levels.
Will this be the same in all locations?? No, but most who can get a strong indoor signal in WNY wont see a difference for the money. ;)

Last edited:
Buffalo HD w/basic cable

I have CW basic cable with no cable box. Bought a new 42" plasma. During the setup it found 'x' of analog and 300+ of digital stations. Found I could get 2,4, and tbs and a bunch of music channels the first time I scanned (1/07). Recently did a new scan and got 2,4,7,17. TBS was gone along with the music channels had moved.
The locals are on 88.1, etc. The music was on the 400's but are now in the 75.x's group. Even though the TV says it found 300+ digital channels, they mostly show up black. Seems CW is pumping these through but changing them. Could be testing.
PS. I also have a stationary roof antenna in the attic I put in years ago for FM and backup to cable. I get about 14 UHF channels pretty good. Some get pixelization probably due to the antenna needing to be adjusted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)