Buffalo NY .... signal troubles?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbskibum

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Buffalo NY
After heavy duty wind the last day my signal went into the crapper.
satellite transponders for satellite 101 all read 0. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a call into service or should i say no service, cannot get to me in Orchard Park until next monday. ARGHHHHH

Buffalo locals are on 119 not 101.

Those winds were pretty bad though (I had a basketball hoop with a pole that cracked in half laying in my driveway this morning). They probably blew the dish off.

You could try reaiming the dish yourself if you can access it. You can't possibly make it worse than no signal, right?

So true, all of channels are gone.I guess reposition is in order. I live in a 3 story building, me on the 2nd dish on the roof 2 stories up. Not sure how to do this.

You'd have to safely get to the dish on the roof first.

Then take a look at the manual for the appropriate dish. Read it carefully and it tells how to aim it. There's basically three settings (azimuth, elevation, tilt) that need to be correct. I'd bet the azimuth is off, or the thing isn't mounted properly to the roof anymore.

With a few wrenches on hand you can loosen and adjust it. Even if you can't get it perfect, you may be able to get enough signal to use it until they come out.

My Slimline got blown slightly out of alignment with yesterday's wind storm too. I can still get my channels, but my signal strengths are all in the 50-60s now compared to high 80-90s before. I have someone coming this Saturday to realign.

Can you not get any channels to come in? What about the SD locals? They come off sat 199 TP 23. It's a spotbeam focused right on us, so they should come in unless your dish really got blown around a lot.

when in setup menu the only satellite I can view transponders on are 101 all 4 rows show 0's, then satellite 110 reads

1-8 n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,0
9-16 n/a,o all the rest n/a
17-24 all n/a
25-32 all n/a

199 reads

1-8 all n/a
9-16 all n/a
17-24 n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,0,49,0
25-32 0,0,0,0,0,0,,0,0
No other satellites to view.,

What receiver do you have? And which satellite dish do you have?

The 49 reading you see on the 119 sat TP 23 is where our SD locals come from. Does that 49 stay constant or does it fluctuate a lot? If it stays constant at 49, I think that would be enough to get the locals until your dish can be realigned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MSG-HD via Center Ice

Bravo TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)